- Rated 4 out of 5by Oğuz Çelikdemir, 4 years agoPlease take notice that neither "Page Save WE" nor "Print Edit WE" doesn't save code blocks that is hosted in Github gist pages. You can check medium.com to see problem.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13874759, 4 years agoEssa extensão faz milagre. Estava a procura de uma extensão de captura de tela, que pudesse fazer a captura de uma página inteira, que possui uma extensa sobreposição (overlay), que é o conteúdo mais importante da página. Nenhuma das extensões que baixei (Easy Screenshot da Mozilla, FireShot ou Full Web Page Screenshots, Nimbus Screen Capture e PageSaver WE Screenshot Capture Tool) conseguiu fazer o trabalho de forma adequada. Na maioria dos casos, a sobreposição era parcialmente capturada ou ignorada. Esta extensão (Print Edit WE) foi realmente capaz de capturar a sobreposição inteira corretamente, e de brinde deu a possibilidade de ocultar o fundo da página. Obrigado!
(Se eu ativo o recurso "Web Style", passo a ter o mesmo problema das outras extensões (add-ons). A sobreposição somente é exibida completamente com a opção "Web Style" desativada. Com a opção "Web Style" ativada: https://postimg.cc/VSprBFkg ; Com a opção "Web Style" desativada: https://postimg.cc/ftv3nQv2 ; Site: http://www.arquivoestado.sp.gov.br/site/acervo/memoria_do_imigrante/pesquisa_livros_hospedaria ; Página com fundo e opção "Web Site" desativada: https://postimg.cc/kDcjwVW8 ; Ferramenta auxiliar utilizada: https://pdftoimage.com)
- Rated 4 out of 5by iRon, 4 years agoNice idea, excellently executed, includes a print preview function.
I'll probably mostly be using
> click frame I want to print,
> Delete except
(not sure what the 3 options mean)
It's easy and it works well.
4 stars because print preview only captures 1st page. That needs fixing for sure.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Hugmik, 4 years agoHas always worked for me when printing pages FF had a problem with. Five stars if it had an "Auto" setting to insert page breaks ON EVERY PRINT JOB, without user intervention.
PDF is getting ever more useless at reliably saving page contents. I don't care about pretty, but I want the whole text - the most recent example is the eBay checkout page that confirms my orders; only headers print, everything below that's larger than a single PDF page is now missing.
Edit: To be more specific, I print as HTML to a PDF printer, not using any Print-to-PDF plugin or function.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 14911537, 4 years agoCe module est très utile pour imprimer des pages web sans le superflu (boutons, pub...).
Je n'ai pas trouvé le moyen d'adapter le texte de sortie au format A4, les marges restent trop grandes.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 12657887, 4 years agoHi dw-dev,
first of all thank you for your work. I use your extension very often, therefore I am really unhappy on how complicated the usage got, when you changed the UI for WE compatibility. It was way more intuitive (and WYSIWYG) to edit the webpage in the print preview pane than it is in this special EDIT mode, where still sometimes "smart" webpages change / delete content of form fields and - even more disasterous - wipe the whole form when I end EDIT mode.
But this is not what i want to complain about. The thing what really makes it hard for me the last days is the fact that - I am talking about Print Edit WE v23.2 - the "PDF Setup" menu - hidden in the SAVE dialog - now not only lacks the possibility to directly input a "Scale (%)" in the corresponding text field, but also the up-down-arrows ("spin-button") have gone, so that I cannot adjust the scale with the arrows any longer. Therefore webpages often get to small or to large on the standard PDF page after saving with Print Edit WE. Could you please fix this bug?
And could you also tell us, whether it is possible to return to the former save dialog, which was embedded in the print preview pane like it was before the WE times?
Thank you very much in advance! Thomas
Edit 14.Nov.2018: I notice that you updated to 23.3. You changed both direct input into the "Scale (%)" text box and also re-attached the spin-button. I have added a star for this. Thanks a lot! Now I can use the WE extension like before. I still would appreciate a comment concerning the rest of my message.
Developer responseposted 4 years agoWith the new WebExtensions APIs, it is not possible to do the editing or the saving in the print preview window. Please can you provide a link to page where the content of form fields is changed. As you have noted, the PDF Setup Scale bug was fixed in Verion 23.3.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13929713, 5 years agoInspired to write first review here because I love this so much. Spent the entire day trying to find an extension that allowed me to format my web to pdf printing to be readable for my tablet. This was the only one that gave me all the options I wanted - background colors, images, eliminate headers, footers, etc, shrink to the size that I wanted.
There is a tiny bit of room for improvement in documentation so people know how to use it better (chronic problem with techies speaking to laypeople like me) and maybe making more presets for people (since I'm thinking this is why a lot of people are looking for apps like yours).
I wish Calibri would convert the finished product to epubs successfully, but this did such a nice job resizing everything that I don't even need the epub formatting.
Thank you, and good job!
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 14071110, 5 years agoBuena, solo le falta poder exportar a pdf como la versión nativa.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 12863709, 5 years agoThis is fantastic. For a while this has been my goto printing method.
I discovered finally the "text" button that allows me to add some spacing to tweak pagination. It would be helpful to be able to edit interactively more easily, and from the preview; that being said, this is a very, very nice addition to firefox.
- Rated 4 out of 5by orange, 5 years agofunction to delete the unmarked rest while editing is broken at some sites like this: http://bit.ly/2ruRVY0, it used to work. ff 59 x64. besides a usefull addon. thanx
- Rated 4 out of 5by reikred, 5 years agoYour other addon SavePageWE has an excellent feature that would extremely useful also in PrintEditWE: The text macros %domain%, %date% and %time%. These are used as selectable prefix/suffix patterns in the generated filename.
Having the same feature in PEWE would be beyond awesome. It is highly useful to be able to insert domain/date/time into the (pdf) filename to be printed.
EDIT: IGNORE THIS PART: If macros could be inserted BEFORE the final .pdf of the filename, even better (same goes for .html in SPWE, by the way). CORRECTION: .html is already correctly placed at the end of the name, ignore that part, SORRY!
Perhaps this would be a relatively simple enhancement via code reuse? I'll also email you this in case you don't read reviews that much.
Heck, while I'm at I'll even ask for an option to replace spaces with hyphens (-)(or programmable character), in filenames, although I can also easily manage that with a perl script I have after downloading. Just a mild suggestion ;-).
Developer responseposted 5 years agoIn Save Page WE, the text macros (%domain%, %date% and %time%) can be inserted either before the filename (using the Prefix option) or after the filename before the '.html' extension (using the Suffix option).
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13722003, 5 years agoi don't know why but when i want a www page to print or save as pdf it ALWAYS saves and prints only the 1st page and ingore the rest of pages :-(
[edited] giving 4 stars for developer's prompt advice which really helped me. thank you :-)
Developer responseposted 5 years agoThis problem is caused by a long-standing bug in Firefox that only allows the first page (or first few pages) of some web pages to be previewed or printed. If you disable Print Edit WE and then use ‘File > Print Preview’, you will see that the problem happens without Print Edit WE.
However, you can use the ‘Fix Page Breaks’ command (on the 'Tools' button menu) in Print Edit WE to work around this Firefox bug on many web pages.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Sean Ryan, 5 years agoA very useful extension.
*** Feature Request ***
Add an Option: "Toolbar button initial action" 1) Edit 2) Preview
Currently the initial view is always Edit, but I'd prefer Preview because I'll only want to edit after I see how the default printout appears. On a simple page, I'm likely to to move straight from Preview to Print without the need to Edit.