- by Korwin, a month agoRated 2 out of 5Для того, чтобы дополнение работало, разработчик предлагает выбрать для вкладки дополнения ("Keep Open 1.0") вариант "Pin This Tab" или "First Position" или "Right Here". При этом, в меню вкладки доступны только варианты "New Tab", "Reload Tab", "Mute Tab", "Pin Tab", "Duplicate Tab", "Bookmark Tab", "Move Tab", "Open in New Container Tab", "Select All Tabs", "Close Tab", "Close Multiple Tabs" и "Reopen Closed Tab" — т. е. ни одного из предложенного. Видимо, дополнение не актуализируется. Кроме того, в принципе неудобно всегда постоянно держать ненужную вкладку. И главное — в Mozilla Firefox 93.0b7 (64-bit) под Microsoft Windows 10.0.19042.1237 дополнение не работает.
Developer responseposted a month agoHi Korwin, the extension can be set to automatically load the green "Keep Open" page in a new window, or you can click its toolbar button to open that page. There you will find the buttons to activate protection in that window (the buttons are in the Keep Open page, not on the tab context menu -- see https://addons.cdn.mozilla.net/user-media/previews/full/220/220130.png).
As far as I can tell, the extension is working in Firefox 93.0b7 (Developer Edition). If you are not even seeing the toolbar button, make sure the extension has permission to run in private windows (https://support.mozilla.org/kb/extensions-private-browsing).
- by grahamperrin, 8 months agoRated 5 out of 5Fifty gold stars.
This extension can help to prevent a horribly lossy issue, which might be impossible for the developer of the extension to fix without an enhancement to Firefox –
- by Alek Lunhaj Tanir, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Simply as an application buildings, must contains the system should be normal - if user wants to close a tab(last) by click or automatic system and firefox caused to be closed the full apps !! Its unexpected. So an addons is needed to prevent close automatically without hit any keys or option to click. Here, this extension requires manually somethings. But no addons is found for automatic. So searching of that function I have found this extension as only. So, my feedback to be placed here to apply for that function - please make the prevention automatic. So when a last tab closed, it will show a "blank tab".
Developer responseposted a year agoHi Alek, there is a preference in about:config that replaces the last tab in the window with a blank tab when you close it, rather than closing the window: browser.tabs.closeWindowWithLastTab (see https://support.mozilla.org/kb/about-config-editor-firefox )
- by Firefox user 15018722, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5I gave an overly generous 3 stars because I didn't want to bring the review rating way down. There simply is not any help available to help a user make this add-on work. I am not seeing "Leave Page" prompts on any pages or tabs. Also, I don't see any "Activate Protection" options. (Yes, I did go to "About:ConFig" and my settings are correct) I'm using FireFox, ver 67. I'm really grateful that jsher2000 is developing this add-on. It will be extremely useful and appreciated by people like me whom too often accidentally close a webpage. BTW, I didn't just inadvertently stumble upon this add-on, I searched for it because I was hoping such an add-on existed.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoHi, thank you for the comments.
Are you getting the green Keep Open page in any window? Usually at startup it appears in one window (sometimes twice for me; I restore my previous session, if that is relevant), and then if you launch a private window it should appear there. Note that in Firefox 67+, you now need to give each individual extension permission to run in private windows.
UPDATE: I added a toolbar button to version 0.6 so you can open the green Keep Open page manually if it doesn't open automatically.
- by Firefox user 12865189, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5I version 0.5 with Firefox 66, having multiple windows with the Prevent Window Closing Tab causes a big freeze. Tabs keep running their JS, Youtube keeps playing, but the multiple prompts don't react to mouse clicks or keyboard events.
Otherwise, I enjoy using this :)
- by Firefox user 13466023, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Does not seems to work in 66.0.2 or maybe I have misunderstand something?
The extension only protect/prompt me if I try to close a pinned tab. It does not prompt when closing the window or exit Firefox but the pinned tabs will load next time I launch Firefox.
The preferences in about:config was set.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoDo you get the green page in at least one window and click the button to activate protection? If you don't get the green page in any window, try disabling and re-enabling the extension on the Add-ons page.
I know there is a bug with multiple green pages in the same window that I need to fix...
- by Richard_Odin_Johnson, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5I know this add-on is still in progress, but as it is it's eminently useful to me, as it prevents me from closing the browser when I mistakenly press alt+f4 instead of alt+4.