- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 13795341, 6 months agoFor some reason, this add on seems to "break" ebay's purchased items "tracker". Turn it on and it takes forever to open the pane where you can see your shipping status and then it takes an equally long time to close it after you're done. It's not my hardware as I'm running a very new and very high spec'd MSI gaming laptop. It's lightning fast on every web site and program I visit/use. Removed the app and ebay site was back to normal behavior. Tried several other pop up blockers and none of them break ebay. Currently running "pop up blocker (strict)" and no negative effects on any web site. It's possible firefox or ebay changed something recently, as I used this app for about a week without this problem. Kinda scared me that I may have picked up a keylogger or virus somewhere, but MaCafee and Malwarebytes came back with a clean report after a couple scans. So, unfortunately, I can not recommend this add on while it has this limitation, at least not if you use ebay much.
Developer responseposted 6 months agoThanks for the reply. I mentioned on the first string of the description, that there is a bug related to how Firefox works and I still haven't resolved it. Some websites tend to be broken or load forever.
However it's possible to just turn down PopUpOFF for the given website and it won't bother you there. My extension uses very different (and not perfect, at least yet) way to detect and block popups - you can compare its size with other popup blockers - and none of them will block overlay walls on some websites, I assure you.
So there is a risk that some websites are gonna be broken, but in return, there won't be annoying ads and cookie notifications somewhere else. For now, that's the deal.
- Rated 3 out of 5by fernman, a year agoMy preferred setting of Moderate keeps reverting to Dormant, and occasionally to Aggressive. Or is it meant to behave like that? I'm confused.
Response to developer: No to the 1st question. Changes were random, sometimes it was changed when I opened my browser, and sometimes it didn't change until after I had looked at 3 or 4 different sites. It changed to Aggressive when I was on the page to write the above review!It's not supposed to work like this!
I would be extremely grateful if you answered these questions, this way, I could fix it and no more users are going to experience this behavior! Thank you!
In the meantime I suggest you try to reinstall the extension.
EDIT: Thanks for your help, I'll try to fix!
- Rated 3 out of 5by Drago, a year agoAktualisierung vom 07.07.2021 Add-On v.2.0.3:
-> Das das Laden dauert unter Verwendung der zusätzlichen Add-Ons "AdGuard Werbeblocker" und "I don't care about cookies" auf fast allen Seiten (meistens Shops) immer noch viel zu lange. Ich würde mich riesig freuen, wenn Sie im nächsten Update die Zusammenarbeit mit solch weiteren Addons noch verbessern würden, sodass das Laden der Websites schneller geht.
Das Addon ist ganz gut in der Entdeckung und Entfernung von hartnäckigen Bannern/Cookies, einfachere werden hingegen NICHT blockiert (meist die mit "X"- zum Schließen!). Es erkennt aber oft die neusten Methoden für Overlays/Banner.
Das Beste ist, dass die Entfernung perfekt durchdacht ist: Cookie/Popup wird entfernt, die Scrollbar repariert und danach ggf. ein verschwommenes Overlay (blur-Element) zielsicher entfernt.
Schade ist nur, dass das Addon sehr viel Leistungeinbußen hat und somit bei zusätzlichen Addons das Laden der Website extrem lange dauert. Und einfache Cookies müssten ebenfalls besser erkannt+blockiert werden
Das müsste noch verbessert werden, dann wäre diese Erweiterung perfekt.
Update from 23.03.2021 Add-On v.2.0.3:
-> The loading still takes way too long using the additional add-ons "AdGuard ad blocker" and "I don't care about cookies" on almost all sites (mostly stores). I would be hugely pleased if in the next update you would improve the cooperation with such additional addons even more, so that the loading of the websites is faster.
The addon is quite good at detecting and removing stubborn banners/cookies, but simpler ones are NOT blocked (mostly the ones with "X"- to close!). However, it often detects the latest methods for overlays/banners.
The best thing is that the removal is perfectly thought out: cookie/popup is removed, scrollbar is repaired and then blur overlay (blur element), if any, is unerringly removed.
The only pity is that the addon has a lot of performance degradation and thus with additional addons the loading of the website takes extremely long. And simple cookies would also have to be better detected+blocked.
That would have to be improved, then this extension would be perfect.
- Rated 5 out of 5by robokopfer, a year agoUnfortunately, I can't seem to find the option to set aggressive by default:(Thanks for the rating. Go to the options (right click the icon -> manage extension -> click 3 dots -> options) and set Automode to aggressive. It will do. Just remember aggressive mode will remove search bars from google, youtube, facebook, etc.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Lazamon, 2 years agoMy job requires me to view hundreds of news articles every day. I was going nuts with all the pop-ups and overlays until I found this jewel. I use it in conjunction with uBlock Origin. This extension is the bomb! Great work 'RomanistHere'! And open source to boot. This should have tens of thousands/millions of users. I ran across it while digging around GitHub.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13457300, 2 years agoDidn't work. Froze tabs, Firefox, then Windows explorer windows. Uninstalled Firefox after saving bookmarks. Reinstalled FF but won't use this extensiion ever.I'm sorry to hear it. Could you please provide me with the website it froze on?
Also, browsers only can use part of memory from your PC, so it seems unrealistic that extension could froze Windows explorer - there is probably another issue.