To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
What this extension does?
- Enhances a simple 'Play' indicator with a 'Pause' one for the paused state.
- Adds such indicator even if it wasn't there originally. Works with pinned tabs!
- Clicking on the indicator toggles the played/paused state.
- Clicking on the indicator does not switch you to that tab. So you can control the playback in non-active tabs.
- Enable Play/Pause for embedded videos. If this option is disabled (it is by default), Play/Pause works only at the sites that are explicitly listed below. Enabling this option allows Play/Pause to work with embedded media all over the Internet. But you'd be surprised, how many sites have embeds these days.
- Invert Play/Pause indicator logic. If this option is enabled (it is off by default), it turns your Play/Pause indicator into a Play/Pause button. Yes, it just swaps Play and Pause icons, nothing more. But maybe you prefer it this way.
- Play/Pause hotkey (Ctrl-Alt-P, customizable) action. Default is no action (hotkey is disabled). Two other alternatives are:
- Toggle Play/Pause for all tabs. Does just that. Pauses tabs that play and starts playing tabs that are paused.
- Smart Pause. Pauses all playing tabs if there are any. Otherwise resumes playing tabs that were paused this way last time.
Which sites are supported?
- YouTube (HTML5, Flash, IFrame), both on-site and embedded
- Music: Spotify, SoundCloud, LastFM, Bandcamp, Pandora, Hype Machine, Deezer, Jango, Slacker, Mixcloud, Google Play Music, Yandex Music, Player.fm, Qobuz
- Video: Vimeo, MySpace, Ooyala
- Podcasts: Pocket Casts, TED Talks, franceculture.fr
- Other: TwitchTV, vk.com, silver.ru
- Any other site with an embedded HTML5 media player
Q: "I have installed the extension. But... nothing changed. Does it work?"
A: If the tab title has a little 'Play' symbol, try clicking on it. If it changes to 'Pause' and your media stops playing - then it works. Otherwise, if the symbol is not clickable or there is no symbol, please report the issue here: Issue Tracker. Don't forget to list the URL, so I can fix this and get the extension working with your favorite media site!
Special thanks to mikhoul, R0maric and miraks for contributing some of the code.
The Development Channel lets you test an experimental new version of this add-on before it's released to the general public. Once you install the development version, you will continue to get updates from this channel. To stop receiving development updates, reinstall the default version from the link above.
Caution: Development versions of this add-on have not been reviewed by Mozilla.
- Version 2.0.1beta