Rated 4.4 out of 5
4.4 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 15395490, 8 months agoRated 5 out of 5This addon works as intended, long click to pin is an elegant solution. Unfortunately, long click doesn't work on all sites, youtube being the most prominent one.
- by Firefox user 15283267, 10 months agoRated 5 out of 5Hello, very useful extension. Works very well but can you make the pin icon fit to the theme color just to make it hamonious. (I think it's you to do and not theme)
- by Effrimvee, a year agoRated 5 out of 5I love an extension that does exactly what it says it's going to do, no more no less. This is exactly what I was looking for and does exactly what I need. That makes it perfect.
- by Firefox user 12531918, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Half a year after 3.0 - and it still doesn't work on a number of sites, ie YouTube. So long click on the page is indeed quite arguable in comparance to oldschool double click on tab name.
Developer responseposted a year agoHello.
The problem is that the new Firefox Extensions API no longer lets us implement double-click on a tab. So I resorted to the next best solution (according to me at least).
You could always disable the long click approach in preferences, though admittedly a lot of websites dont respond to it well. I try to fix as many of them as possible.
You are correct about it not working on Youtube. I have opened a related bug: https://github.com/jayesh-bhoot/pin-unpin-tab/issues/11
Could you also provide other websites where you have faced this problem?
- by Patrice, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5This extension seems work only on Windows, and not in Linux by the key combinaison ALT + P. Please, can you correct the extension, and I change my note.
//EDIT : it works now!
Developer responseposted a year agoHello
In fact, I test on Linux first, it being my primary OS.
Please check one usecase: are you using 'Alt Gr' key (which often replaces the right Alt key on laptops) instead of Alt key? AltGr is not mapped to Alt in some Linux distributions.
Otherwise, can you provide more details?
- by Firefox user 14230730, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Excellent extension. Would you consider also porting it to chrome/opera?. This extension is definitely the best one to pin/unpin tabs, the long left click is very useful
- by Firefox user 13533437, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5I'd give it 5 stars bc it does what it's supposed to, but having the long left-click on by default really threw me for a loop, couldn't figure out why it was happening. Maybe the default should be off for that, or perhaps even just a longer "hold down" time default.