- Rated 5 out of 5This addon works as intended, long click to pin is an elegant solution. Unfortunately, long click doesn't work on all sites, youtube being the most prominent one.
- Rated 5 out of 5Finally, an add-on to make up for FF's stupid design. Close the windows in the wrong order and you lose all your pins. At least this simplifies getting them back.
- Rated 4 out of 5Why double clicking anywhere on the webpage pins the tab? It's so annoying. Mostly happens with the first tab.
- Rated 5 out of 5Hello, very useful extension. Works very well but can you make the pin icon fit to the theme color just to make it hamonious. (I think it's you to do and not theme)
- Rated 5 out of 5Add-on works as expected, but its icon in the list of Add-ons is invisible. See the https://i.postimg.cc/8kdrNMFD/FF-Add-ons.png
- Rated 5 out of 5Extension makes pinning/unpinning tabs quick & very easy—so much more convenient than right-clicking > Pin Tab.
- Rated 5 out of 5Thanks for making this add-on! I use alt+p mostly because it's faster. Thanks again! :)
- Rated 5 out of 5I love an extension that does exactly what it says it's going to do, no more no less. This is exactly what I was looking for and does exactly what I need. That makes it perfect.
- Rated 3 out of 5Very nice., however it does not work in Youtube...?
- Rated 5 out of 5THUMBS UP! Simple, stable, intuitive ! Good work !
- Rated 2 out of 5Keyboard shortcut does not work on Mac OS.
- Rated 3 out of 5Half a year after 3.0 - and it still doesn't work on a number of sites, ie YouTube. So long click on the page is indeed quite arguable in comparance to oldschool double click on tab name.
Developer responseposted 10 months agoHello.
The problem is that the new Firefox Extensions API no longer lets us implement double-click on a tab. So I resorted to the next best solution (according to me at least).
You could always disable the long click approach in preferences, though admittedly a lot of websites dont respond to it well. I try to fix as many of them as possible.
You are correct about it not working on Youtube. I have opened a related bug: https://github.com/jayesh-bhoot/pin-unpin-tab/issues/11
Could you also provide other websites where you have faced this problem?
- Rated 5 out of 5This extension seems work only on Windows, and not in Linux by the key combinaison ALT + P. Please, can you correct the extension, and I change my note.
//EDIT : it works now!
Developer responseposted 10 months agoHello
In fact, I test on Linux first, it being my primary OS.
Please check one usecase: are you using 'Alt Gr' key (which often replaces the right Alt key on laptops) instead of Alt key? AltGr is not mapped to Alt in some Linux distributions.
Otherwise, can you provide more details?
- Rated 5 out of 5Very nice, so easy to pin and unpin using the toolbar button!
- Rated 5 out of 5Excellent extension. Would you consider also porting it to chrome/opera?. This extension is definitely the best one to pin/unpin tabs, the long left click is very useful
- Rated 5 out of 5Alt-P. Makes so much sense, this should come out of the box! Thanks for writing this add on!
- Rated 4 out of 5I'd give it 5 stars bc it does what it's supposed to, but having the long left-click on by default really threw me for a loop, couldn't figure out why it was happening. Maybe the default should be off for that, or perhaps even just a longer "hold down" time default.
- Rated 5 out of 5Would like if there was a possibility to protect the tab!
- Rated 5 out of 5Now with the long left mouse click option, it's much easier to use =) Great add on