- by Firefox user 14136702, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Very good and easy application to use. I use it to remove annoying websites such as Pinterest off of Google search results. Unfortunately, it can't block image search results.
- by Firefox user 13524479, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5I'm using Bitdefender and all my results in google, after installing this plugin, have that blue line below :
If I block ONE Pinterest result for example, or any result, then all of Google's results pages appear : empty, whatever I search. (then I have to unblock that or deactivate this plugin)
Most good security solutions check your webpages results before you click on them. And "Personal Blocklist" doesn't see the real URL, but the one modified by Bitdefender (just a guess) before it's displayed in Firefox.
I tried to turn ON/OFF all Bitdefender's Web Protections to find the one responsible but I couldn't. Sometimes they're all ON (Scan Web Traffic for Malware, Scan SLL, Protection against Phishing, etc) and Personal Blocklist displays the proper address in Google's Results and sometimes some are OFF and the Google results are all : "block trafficlight.bitdefender.com"
There seem to be a fault in Personal Blocklist that catches Google's URLs as they are, even when a part of the URL is modified by the chosen Security Solution (At least Bitdefender).
Please have a look into that when you have a minute. Thanks in advance ;) I'm looking forward to put 5 stars, because without that... it'd be worth it ! :(
Sorry I couldn't find the precise Bitdefender protection causing that.
- by Firefox user 14034521, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Works great on Google. (Doesn't work on Google enhanced Startpage over which the app developer likely has no control. Too bad for the latter but what can you do.)
- by SeanPercy42, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5There should be an option in the context menu so you can right click on a URL and choose add to blocklist. Come on developers, this is an obvious and simple feature that would make your add-on significantly easier to use.
- by Firefox user 13664250, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5It's working again! Gives a block option and works to block website in the main search results but not in "Top Stories", "Images" and "News".
- by Firefox user 13145241, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Thank you for this add-on. Just a little request: I would rather not see the message: "Some results have been removed by Chrome Extension Personal Blocklist", can you add the possibility to turn it off?
Thanks again. :)