- by PERCE-NEIGE, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Very useful to filter the search! I like the option that hide "block this domain" in the results. Maybe it would be good to have it in the context menu?
Suggestion: add a support for wildcards ? and *, as it doesn't seems to work now. (For instance *.fr doesn't block everything with a .fr domain). Other suggestion: add a feature to block also the access for the site. For instance, if I want to use the addon as a parental control, the child could search in Google, or typing directly the URL, or some site could redirect me to the URL I don't want. But it would be probably good to make another extension for this feature, to let this one light in weight.
- by Firefox user 14335240, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5This add on started out as a very good programme, just what I needed but seems quite unstable.
For some google searches it behaves as required but then either allows blocked domains to appear or blocks everything bar one random site.
This is a prelimanary assement as I am awaiting replies to the issues above from the developerCurrently, this add-on will hide those urls contains any of your patterns in blocklists.
ie, if you block 'a', then apple.com, whhhhh.ai and ailabs.tw will all be hid.
I am still thinking about how to let user realize it via UI change...
- by Firefox user 14331387, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Wow! Finally got rid of those pesky Pinterest results! My only complain was that I didn't like the 'block..domain' below each result and then I discovered that you can disable it in the settings! A++++++++
- by Norzemen, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Finally a tool which allows me to configure search the way I want it. Too bad Google couldn't provide this for me, but then why would they. They want to drive me to their crony sites.
- by Firefox user 14240329, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Very helpful. One problem though: The UI and method for managing my blocklist is a bit clunky. It is also slow to change pages in the manager window if you have a lot of blocked sites. I would suggest some kind of optimized list view or some easier and faster way to edit the blocklist without sifting through pages of entries.
- by Firefox user 14136702, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Very good and easy application to use. I use it to remove annoying websites such as Pinterest off of Google search results. Unfortunately, it can't block image search results.
- by Firefox user 13524479, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5I'm using Bitdefender and all my results in google, after installing this plugin, have that blue line below :
If I block ONE Pinterest result for example, or any result, then all of Google's results pages appear : empty, whatever I search. (then I have to unblock that or deactivate this plugin)
Most good security solutions check your webpages results before you click on them. And "Personal Blocklist" doesn't see the real URL, but the one modified by Bitdefender (just a guess) before it's displayed in Firefox.
I tried to turn ON/OFF all Bitdefender's Web Protections to find the one responsible but I couldn't. Sometimes they're all ON (Scan Web Traffic for Malware, Scan SLL, Protection against Phishing, etc) and Personal Blocklist displays the proper address in Google's Results and sometimes some are OFF and the Google results are all : "block trafficlight.bitdefender.com"
There seem to be a fault in Personal Blocklist that catches Google's URLs as they are, even when a part of the URL is modified by the chosen Security Solution (At least Bitdefender).
Please have a look into that when you have a minute. Thanks in advance ;) I'm looking forward to put 5 stars, because without that... it'd be worth it ! :(
Sorry I couldn't find the precise Bitdefender protection causing that.