To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
You can read information about a Firefox 4 version of the addon here: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=587171&p=10296941#p10296941
Turn tabs of your choice into permanent tabs. PermaTabs can't be closed accidentally no matter what you click (even actions like "Close other tabs" will not affect them) and will stick around between sessions.
Ideal for keeping URLs you use often, always one tab away. Also, ideal for picking up specific articles where you left off during a previous session.
From first installation PermaTabs includes three random sample tabs (from a built in list) to get you started. Maybe you'll discover a useful site you never knew about?
Adding or removing a permatab is simple - right click a site's tab, and check/uncheck "Permanent Tab".
By right click a permanent tab there is a new context menu entry named "Permatab Home" which leads the tab back to the site original set as permatab.
this is a modified and extended version of PermaTabs (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/2558) working on Firefox 3 and up.
You can get support at
sometimes the addon crashes after restarting Firefox using the internal restart-function of Firefox (e.g. after installing or updating addons or themes)
If this happens, just close your browser and reopen it normal, then everything will go back to normal.
- Added: Submenu for Toolbarbutton (When additional menu is activated)
- Added: Shortcut-key for PermaTab Home
- Added: Possibility to close all PermaTabs at once
- New option: Ignore subdomains (e.g. when you have a permatab at http://www.google.com, you can open http://images.google.com inside the permatab)
- New option: Shortcut-keys are now customizable
- New option: Use icon to highlight PermaTabs
- New option: Transparent color
- Important Bugfix: No more vanishing tabs
- Bugfix: Home-Button doesn't load page in new tab/window anymore
- Bugfix: Problem with private Browsing (partial) fixed (In private browsing mode your PermaTabs won't be displayed and when creating new, they won't be saved. But when leaving private browsing all PermaTabs gets completely new opened)
- Hidden option: Do not aks before closing all PermaTabs - [extensions.permatabs.doNotPromptOnCloseAllPermaTabs] - default: false
- Hidden option: Do not save "reload Tab every..." settings of Tab Mix Plus - [extensions.permatabs.doNotSaveTabMixPlusRefreshData] - default: false
- Compatibility fix: FabTabs
- Compatibility fix: TabMix Plus ("reload Tab every..." settings gets saved and restored now)
- Compatibility fix: ColorfulTabs, FlagTab, ChromaTabs Plus, FabTabs and Aging Tabs can set colors for permanent tabs when coloring in PermaTabs mod is disabled
- Misc: Completely reworked option-window
- Some Bugfixes
more info: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=8549615#p8549615