- by Firefox user 14629546, 5 months agoRated 3 out of 5I really like the user interface and how a reader can easily select a sentence. There are options for changing the speed, too. I don't like that I can only use system voices (which on my device are terrible). Additionally, it sometimes skips around on the page, but refreshing helps that.
- by Ash, 9 months agoRated 4 out of 5This is the best screen reader out there. It repeats itself and gets stuck a lot less than its competitors- webpage graphics etc. do sometimes confuse it, but not a huge amount. Most of the time, it gets through a whole page without glitching out. My one suggestion is that more voice options are available, rather than just one British woman and one American woman.
- by squidbeaksplatoon, 10 months agoRated 3 out of 5I downloaded this since my professor recommended it as a text-to-speech program, but lately (after the latest bug fix update) sentences will begin cut off. Like it will completely cut out the first word of every sentence and go from there. This is amazing when it works, but unfortunately for me this is too big a flaw to be using it as of right now.
- by KnOwlEdge, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Despite the limited selection of voices and no access to Google Cloud TTS (like Read Aloud does), I prefer this to Read Aloud because this lets you personalize the Shortcuts, it scrolls the page, it highlights the text, it starts reading from where I click (IF it was reading already).
EDIT: I was too quick in my test.
Skipping text via any of the available options (shortcuts or the transport keys in the menu which opens when you click on the icon on the top bar) is NOT working.
As soon as you use any button, the addon gets crazy and start reading the same line or going forth and back, also in complete de-sync with the highlighted text.
And whatever key is assigned to the "play/pause" function, it only works while the Addons Menu is open, otherwise it doesn't. Also, Space, the key universally used for Play/Pause of any media content, can't be assigned to this function.
- by MalikClan, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5After Google read aloud failed in Firefox, I tried Pericles. So far mostly performing as expected.
- reads pdf after uploading
- reads the current webpage seamlessly
Does not read pages with mixed text + audio +video. So complex type webpages are a problem.
Wish there were more speaker style options.
- by Across Addons, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Please make it stop CPU overload
Developer responseposted 3 years agoI'll gladly try to help, if you give more details - when does CPU overload occur? Auto-scan might use abit of CPU when used on big websites, since it's doing alot of sorting and stuff - still you could report the pages which are slow so I can have a look, Thanks
- by Firefox user 14773307, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5I want to love this but it's annoying to use and very buggy. The highlighting and auto scrolling is nice when it's working. You can't easily start at a spot on the page and have it keep reading. if you select an area...that's all it will read until you reset it and select another area. The bugs make it unusable though. It tries to read two sections at a time alternating sentences between where you've advanced to and...somewhere else. On a site I'm using for school, it finds the first page in a chapter (not the one I'm on) and starts reading that. I don't know where it pulls the info from but it's really bizarre.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoHi, the app is still in it's infancy so there are still some bugs to be fixed & needed features - however, if more people would be reporting the bugs (via website), or what they want, in more detailed manner, that would be more helpful. It also helps to force update the extension in the browser settings, some bugs may be already fixed since I'm doing alot of patches lately.