Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
- Removed the redundant "All Browsers" enable mode.
- The "Always enable on startup" enable mode now works as intended; the addon automatically starts when opening the browser or new tab.
*Fixed clipboard copying bug
*Removed references to lookupbar since it has been removed
*Added latest entries from the CC-CEDICT dictionary as of 1/7/12
*Added a checkbox to change to an alternate flag for Chinese in the "Chinese" tab in the add-on's options dialog
*Added one click to toggle on/off if only 1 language is installed
*Added toolbar icons (right click on the toolbar, click 'customize' and you can drag them from here to the toolbar)
*Added a 'Perapera-kun' entry to the right-click popup menu, and to the 'Tools' menu
*Fixed issue where all of the Chinese definition wasnt being displayed from the CC-CEDICT
*Fixed issue where some incorrect meanings were displayed due to some Simplified hanzi having a different meaning in the Traditional character set
*Tweaked the logo a little bit
*More entries in the dictionary
*Faster Search (needed because of bigger dictionary)
*You can choose "Show More Results" in the options dialog to yield more results (often redundant, OFF by default).
*Press when over a character to display character information about it.(very much thanks to Imron Alston for compiling the info from the huge file)
*Now works with Simplified AND Traditional characters, and will detect automatically, so no longer need to choose anything in the options dialog.
*Fixed newline character not being outputted upon export
*Made the accidental exporting when trying to copy and hitting a little better, but still not perfect.
*Now when you press the key when over a hanzi it will magnify it (useful for seeing all the radicals clearly)
*Updated to work in Firefox 2.0
*Now uses the Adsotrans dictionary (which includes CEDICT) so the filesize on this update is notably larger but should have significantly more entries
*Tone marks are displayed and exported instead of the tone numbers
*Changed the toolbar icon to the green book icon so its easier to distinguish when using both this and the Japanese Perapera-kun
* Due to the resource naming (by the Rikai-chan author I believe) it doesnt yet work when you install both of my plugins on the same Firefox profile. So for now make another profile if you want to do this for Japanese and Chinese (I will fix this problem very very soon).
* The Traditional characters might not export correctly due to not being in BIG5 encoding, but I havent checked that yet.
Here are things I will add in the next release:
* Change the tone numbers to tone marks, or add the option to choose which you want.