by Surferby, 7 months ago
Rated 3 out of 5
Webpages which have compound letters in their text can not be searched properly after converting to pdf with this addon. Searching PDF created with PDF Mage returns no results when the keyword has compound letter. It must be noted that the webpage text is in Unicode encoding.
- by Firefox user 15584000, 9 days agoRated 4 out of 5Main problem: cannot write or mark up the created file. Created file is read-only. I glanced briefly in docs, saw no mention of this, nor in Pro version.
- by Firefox user 10775008, 11 days agoRated 4 out of 5Works well but one IMPORTANT detail is left out of the description. The last default setting under Options is "Restrict Printing". This encrypts and also blocks any kind of editing or printing. You can either select "Display 'Free Mode' in PDF document" and save. This Option is not readily apparent on the Options page. You can also buy the paid version which removes this Option.
- by Firefox user 15536695, 16 days agoRated 2 out of 5PDF Mage was previously free to use. If you now download a page to PDF, the document is suddenly protected by a password. You can't do anything with it. Unfortunately. It was a good extension. I have removed the extension again.
- by Firefox user 16764422, a month agoRated 1 out of 5Doesn't work. In all used pages it either makes a lot of pages from a relative small site or not all is captured and the PDF is missing information. Also the whole capturing and converting process is relative slow.
- by droxy, a month agoRated 5 out of 5SUPERB! Downloads to file & also opens a pdf page in my Firefox browser, even collected my color version page which I have from another extension(Midnight Lizard), love that! Looks great & has edit buttons - fantastic!
- by Lukeomatik, 3 months agoRated 2 out of 5Well, it saves web pages keeping CSS (graphics) and let you select the HTML element you are interested to but the addon require an external server to do the work... so... no thanks
- by Nogah7, 4 months agoRated 5 out of 5The good feature is it creates a text-searchable PDF that keeps the integrity of Hyperlinks. The downside is sometimes freezes up and you can't get rid of advertizements or banners on the page.
- by stargate, 4 months agoRated 2 out of 5Makes PDF good, but I really don't like the fact that unless I pay this person I can't do anything with the PDF except read it! I don't like being FORCED to pay for something. If it is good people will generally contribute, if not(or they are forced) they won't. I think I'll try a different one.