- by Scoox, 5 months agoRated 5 out of 5I'm usually a picky bast*rd but this add-on delivers. I have tried many content tracking add-ons and I can confidently say PageProbe is by far THE BEST of its kind. It is highly configurable and very reliable. I use it for tracking product prices and thanks to it I've been able to save money on my online purchases. Just to mention some of my favorite features, it keeps a history of old values that it can display in graph form, it allows organizing trackers into folders and sub-folders, tracker import and export, and it's cross-platform (Firefox and Chrome). I experienced a bug which the developers resolved within hours of my report, and an update was released the very next day—really impressed. I'd love to see email notifications added in the future, if possible at all. Thank you!
Developer responseposted 5 months agoEDIT: it turned out that there's a bug in Telegram action in PageProbe 1.35.1 that can cause PageProbe background process to go into an endless loop causing high CPU or skip actions after the Telegram action. The bug is fixed in 1.35.2 which should become available after the submitted version passes Mozilla Add-on Store review process.
- by cosmicsin-y?, 8 months agoRated 5 out of 5Hey thanks so much :-)
this is great & does almost exactly what I want. I't took a little playing around to get it to work for me as I'm basic & don't really understand the tech' much at all but with your extensive help files & a bit of time & experimenting it's going good, I nearly had to go looking for a youtube video or email the author for help but with a bit of patience & bumbling around I worked it out. One of my newb mistakes was having it probe a picture element instead of text, although I could see that what the picture was of had changed pageprobe could not as I think it only looks at the size of the picture and where it is hanging which I don't think changes, soon as I changed to monitoring the pictures text description it worked fabulous. I couldn't get the sound notifications to work & the popup notification disappears even tho I have it set to no timeout but I'm pretty sure that's just my old firefox esr version, anyway it's no big deal & probably would just give me a fright like the auto loading tabs did the first few times I got it working :-D
+1 for the root directory request or pinning the general folder open.
- by Firefox user 12362519, 8 months agoRated 5 out of 5some requests, please.
1 Can the tracker be created directly under the root directory? Instead of having to be under a group. Or, can a user-specified group be opened automatically when the admin page is opened, instead of having to be selected with a mouse click.
2 The custom column sorting settings should be saveable so that they can be viewed in a preferred way, e.g., the latest updated entries are shown at the top first.
3 Add an option to have the extension icon badge not automatically disappear if the admin page is just opened and the entry changed is not clicked to open it manually.
4 The names of entries with changes should be bolded until they are opened.
- by Sri, 10 months agoRated 5 out of 5Great extension. Thank you for creating it. I have a couple of requests please:
1. Can you make it possible to keep the tracker data history graph open once the user has opened it? At the moment, it goes away after a data refresh (new poll).
2. Is it possible to turn-off the Total at the bottom? Sometimes, it is not needed.
- by Kevin, 10 months agoRated 5 out of 5This is a very good extension for tracking prices of stocks or items.
Can I request a condition?
Most of the time, I don't really care what the price of an item is. All I care about is the change amount. So can you add a condition where the condition is true only if the change is greater than x where x is an integer?
Thanks for your hard work!
Edit: Added exactly what I wanted! Thanks so much Nodetics!
Developer responseposted 10 months agoEDIT: new conditions are now available. Gotcha: when using "decreased more than" conditions the argument value has to be negative.
Thanks for the review Kevin! New conditions will be available in the next version. Stay tuned!
- by Gustavo, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Fantastic add-on (thanks Nodetics)
Overall this is an amazing add-on, a must have if you like to monitor product prices but want more control/options than what you get in similar add-ons. You will probably need to learn some regex to extract the value you want (using the Converter option) in my case most of the strings the add-on extracts from the products pages are like:
'something here R$ 1.000,00' or just 'R$ 800,00'
I only need the numbers and the comma so I added a Regexp in the Converter with this (regex) in the replace field:
That regex means: select anything that is not (^) a number (\d) or a comma (,) between one and unlimited times (+),
You leave the 'With' field blank (with nothing), that way it will remove the matched characters.
So using my examples it would convert then to 1000,00 and 800,00
The only suggestion I have:
Make the 'URL' and 'Content Selector' (Selector) accept multiple strings, some webpages have promotions (ex: Black Friday) where the product is the same but they actually change the whole page (url/css). if this change isn't viable or is too complex, maybe allow regex in these inputs.
Bug/Issue (already in the FAQ):
The add-on doesn't work with the Firefox Multi-Account Containers, even if you set the add-on and the pages to use the same container it opens the page and then give you the 600 error as if the Css Selector didn't find anything. You have to remove the sites from the containers (Add-on icon > Manage Containers) to make it work again.
- by Александр, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Great extension!
You can fine-tune the settings.
The only downside is the absence of the Russian language, I hope in the future the developer will add it.
Можно очень тонко настроить параметры.
Минус только в отсутствии русского языка, надеюсь в будущем разработчик его добавит.
- by Firefox user 13593990, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5I've used other page monitors but this seems to be in a league of its own!!
The ONLY thing I'd change is its lack of live content-selector feedback. You know, as you get with most adblockers? Something that immediatly shows what the content selector string is pointing too.
Edit: I'm struggling to track changes in text formatting (from normal to bold of underlined for example). Check4changes will monitor HTML code. How do you do this in PageProbe?
Developer responseposted 2 years agoIf the text formatting is implemented with html element style-attributes, then it can be detected by appending @style at the end of the PageProbe selector. That will then select the attribute value instead of the text inside the element. However, if the text formatting is done using e.g. [b], [i] or similar tags, it cannot be detected.
- by Powertop, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Great addon. Works perfectly except for a blip. I seem to be losing log data. Does this addon delete log entries after a specific time period or number of entries?
EDIT: That makes sense for a small number of trackers but I'm dealing with about 5-600 rapidly changing trackers. Any way you could suggest to handle that?
EDIT2: That would be great.
EDIT3: Bug report. You can't open the settings for a monitor beyond the first page. Steps to reproduce. 1: Create enough filters to fill more than a page. 2: Scroll a page below and click settings. 3: Nothing happens.
EDIT4: A batch refresh failed trackers option would be appreciated.
EDIT5: Thank you. Figured it out.
EDIT6: Is the black bar beside the scrollbar in this picture (https://i.imgur.com/1JIIit4.png) intentional? Because it's wasting space.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoThe log has a limit of 200 entries. If there are 200 entries already and a new log entry is registered, the oldest one is deleted. This is necessary because otherwise the log size could grow very large which slows down saving and loading.
EDIT: Fair point. We can make the log size configurable with a warning that having large log size can affect performance.
EDIT3: Good catch. This is fixed in PageProbe 1.11.6+ (available right now). It worked fine on Chrome but Chrome and Firefox seem to produce different element position data for events.
EDIT4: Available in PageProbe 1.16.0+ (right click folder and select 'Refresh Failed Probes')
- by rafaelflot, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5This extension is awesome. I have been using for a couple of weeks now to track text changes on websites and it works like a charm. Also it checks the pages very fast and it gives the user the option to chose between static or dinamic page load, which is awesome for people who needs to monitor lots os pages.
- by Firefox user 14748548, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5excellent addon. please confirm my donation.
- i need separate log data for each sites.
- could you add unread icon like Distill?