Rated 4.6 out of 5
4.6 Stars out of 5
by ChaCha Fance, 6 months ago
Rated 5 out of 5
This extension is a Godsend. I have been wanting this feature in browsers for years and they still have added it. I'm not sure why but until then, this extension is perfect!
- by denvergreene, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 5The add-on is fantastic. In chrome I've used an extension called "Spaces" which is very similar, and now moving to Firefox I need to find a way to move tabs between windows and to name windows. Having names is great, easily choosing which window is great. Allowing you to switch to that window when sending a tab or with a right click is great.
Two improvements I'd like, the latter which might not even be possible.
1. I would like to send and switch using only the keyboard. I can almost do it with like 8 clicks, but that's silly. I've also learned it's surprisingly impossible to open the tab context menu with keyboard only.
2. Switching windows doesn't work so well with mac workspaces. Most of the time when I send a tab to a new window, I'll also switch to that window, no matter the workspace. But if I do the right click window switch, it only works if the windows are in the same workspace.
Developer responseposted 6 months agoThanks, and I appreciate the ideas for improvement.
For 1), you're not the first to ask for this. There's an issue on gitlab for it, but I haven't really been prioritizing it. Considering how often it's been asked, seems like I should be though.
For 2), that's unfortunate, but understandable. My guess is that your window manager prevents windows on other workspaces from taking focus, which admittedly can be annoying at times. I've been doing my testing on Gnome 3 with workspaces and window focus works across workspaces, which I had hoped would work cross platform.
- by SamboNZ, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5This addon is a really great concept and just what I needed, however I would rate 5 stars if there was a 'move to other window' option on the context menu of each tab. At present it's pretty slow to move multiple tabs to another window, or move a tab which is on the opposite side of the browser window to the 'Other Win' button.
Also, often, when Ieft click on the 'Other Win' button in '2 Window' mode, it swaps to the destination window and stays there, while other times it stays on the source window.
Developer responseposted 2 years ago> Also, often, when Ieft click on the 'Other Win' button in '2 Window' mode, it swaps to the destination window and stays there
I'm not sure what you mean, do you mean the tab doesn't get sent to the other window? Sounds like a bug, but I've never seen it. If you wouldn't mind, creating an issue on gitlab with some more info about your browser might help with figuring out what's going on.
As for the tab context menu, I could see how that could be useful. I'll create an issue to look into it.
- by Lej77, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Does what I wanted! Would be nice if I could name my windows so that I could easier recognize them.
Thank you! I am using the new naming feature now and so far it is really helpful. Some other extensions use a window's current tab's title as the window's name but I like naming the windows better. This is probably my favorite way of switching windows currently and it works really well.