To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
It also supports Firefox 4.
You also might find that some of your user scripts are not working anymore (particularly ones that install new microformats). I'll be working on solving this problem over the next few weeks. Basically the problem was that I had told people to explicitly import the Microformats API but if you do that, you don't get the new Microformats API included with Operator. I haven't found a good way to completely solve this problem so for now I had to disable anything that tries to include Microformats.js. I'm working on a way to sandbox my API from the Firefox API.
So to summarize the changes:
* Actions view is no longer supported
* You can turn individual actions on/off
* Actions always open in a new tab
* The new value class date patterns for microformats are fully supported
* RDFa support has been tweaked a little so you should see Resources where you didn't before.
* First run page
* Various bug fixes
* More translations
* Songbird support!
* Fixes to make sure things work in Firefox 3
* Menus no longer magically disappear on some pages
* hCards supports nested menus to access actions (more logical than trying to use adr for multiple addresses)
* Nested microformats are now handled per the spec as best we can figure it out
* Performance should be much better (and it has been in my experience)
* If a microformat is not visible, it doesn't appear in Operator (You can turn on a preference if you want to see all microformats)
* Actions for MapQuest and Amazon.com
* A new RDFa parser based on the new spec (pages will need to be updated)
* User interface for managing user scripts
* Operator updated when DOM nodes are added or removed
* Export All available for contacts and events
* 30 Boxes support has been greatly improved
* Interaction problems with McAfee SiteAdvisor are fixed
* Major performance enhancements
* Native getElementsByClassName is used on Firefox 3
* Operator wasn't working correctly with frames and iframes
* New tag action for searching for videos on YouTube
More more detailed information, check out my blog:
# Options menu added to statusbar and toolbar button menu
# xFolk support (needs to be added explicitly in Options if you are not a new install)
# tag support for ma.gnolia.com
# Improvements to adding calendar entries
# include-pattern support for hCard and hCalendar
# Implied “n” optimization for hCards
# Improved debugging dialogs to use text area instead of alerts so they can handle large data and can be copied
# When debug mode is on, microformats with invalid items are bolded
# When debug mode is off, invalid microformat errors are placed in the Error console
# Operator now follows the bookmarks toolbar conventions for opening new windows and tabs. This includes:
* Opening links in the current window by default
* Middle click opens in a background tab
* Shift+click opens in a new window
* Ctrl/Ctrl+Shift open in a new tab based on the hidden preference browser.tabs.loadBookmarksInBackground (which is the opposite of Select new tabs opened from links)
# When you are in microformats mode with all handlers and have debug mode on, you get an additional menutem called “Debug” that displays the source and internal representation of the microformat (no more keystrokes)
# Selecting an invalid microformat displays error and source in the same window
# If you right click on a microformat, the microformat handlers show up on the context menu
# I have added an experimental feature for highlighting microformats that can be turned on in preferences. Not only does it highlight microformats when you hover over them, when you select microformats in any Operator menu, they are highlighted on the page. Please give me feedback on this item.
The migration bug in 0.6 has been fixed.
Unfortunately there is a bug in this version that is causing problems with certain tab related options. I have a fix and hope to have an update next week.