Rated 4.3 out of 5
4.3 Stars out of 5
- by GirlaPH, 3 months agoRated 4 out of 5Giving this 4 out of 5 stars because it almost works, though StreamTape is not working as it plays a dubbed Asian guy saying "I'm watching from a 3rd party", etc. I also had problems with this app sometimes as I kept getting a "The media playback was aborted" error, but it turns out it was the browser issue; which was the previous version that I used.
I really like this add-on, but hopefully in the future, this might be fixed. Keep up with a good work!
- by hjbaloo, 3 months agoRated 4 out of 5It does work, i use it mostly with clipwatching and mixdrop, for streamtape its not working it plays a dubbed asian guy sayng i'm watching from a 3rd party something something... The problem is that disabling history doesnt work, it always keeps history and even searches i made with google show up... and for what i see the player itself is hosted in github, or some parts of it. Is the history local? Or goes to gitub? Also if this is to bypass ads why the option to allow Google Analytics? Is it like adblockers that send bogus info to google to make analytics think its working?
- by miwoj, 5 months agoRated 5 out of 5GOOD: it actually works, can catch and redirect streams to it's own player, where other addons could not.
BAD: user interface is awful. video player is ugly and basic. interface needs serious overhaul.
edit: never mind. found best way to use it. i use openvideo to get video url, open that in new tab and play video in default firefox player. perfect.
- by Jeicam, 5 months agoRated 1 out of 5Do niczego ten dodatek. Nie potrafi pobrać i połączy streamingu w kawałkach, np. stąd https://playpuls.pl/obyczajowe/lekarze-na-start/vod/lekarze-na-start-odc-1-s0-e1
Developer responseposted 5 months agoOpenVideo works most of but not all of the sites. There are videos that OpenVideo can't detect. This is the case with videos from the site you've sent.
You can try to find the video on a different site where OpenVideo works.
- by Firefox user 16052705, 7 months agoRated 4 out of 5Works great. However on some sites (embed players) i have an error "The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported. Try to reload the video by hitting the play button!" This player works only if i disable addon or redirect script of that player (Mixdrop and GoUnlimited).
- by Firefox user 13658549, 8 months agoRated 5 out of 5This works on quite a lot of videos, even videos on pages that have difficult playback or on bloated pages, making watching actually possible. It also seems to pick up video undetectable by other video viewers so it always comes in handy.
- by Matt GD, 10 months agoRated 4 out of 5Is it possible to have an option in the Context Menu so that we can directly add videos in a playlist ? And have the next or back button brose through the playlist without having to go to the actual webpage ?
- by Angie, a year agoRated 4 out of 5There's a bug where if you try to skip with the arrow button the play/pause button won't work (it flashes really fast) and while the playback isn't affected, you cannot pause the video and it's somehow making my browse so heavy to the point my laptop's fan is making noises.
Idk about other hosts but it affects gounlimited (which is the only host I'm currently using). Could this be fixed?? Thanks in advance
EDIT/REPLY: Thank you so much for the reply and the bug fix!
Anyway the problem is that although the problem isn't there anymore when you play through the embedded player (like when the OpenVideo logo replaces the embedded player's logo, it (when the play/pause button flashes) is still there when you try to play video through the Open Video logo on the browser's toolbar (sometimes the OV logo doesn't replace the embedded player so you have to manually click the OV logo on the toolbar to watch the video).
Developer responseposted a year agoThe bug is already fixed in the latest version. You may have to reinstall OpenVideo to get the latest version. Firefox takes some time to update extensions to its latest version automatically.
- by Firefox user 13565575, a year agoRated 5 out of 5I like this addon a lot, but there's this bug that's been annoying me for a while. For some reason, when you play a video while this addon is enabled from, say, mp4upload for example, the Player doesn't stop to Play/Pause the video furiously as soon as you try to move back and forth in a video by pressing one of the arrow keys. This doesn't affect video playback per se, but it makes it impossible to pause it and leave it paused for a while, which is annoying.
Any chance it could be fixed?