- by Firefox user 12124195, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Good Extention.
Some wish from me:
Is it possible to add "open with" to the context menu not only for the links on the page, but also for the bookmarks in the bookmarks menu too?
- by Firefox user 14587816, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5I am not some Mozilla Geek. I just wanted to get Thunderbird mail to open using Chrome instead of Firefox. I found this Add-On and tried to install it. However the instructions are terrible!!
When I try to set the Options all I get is a message "To complete installation:" with instructions that are WAY TOO LIMITED. I think I got Python installed by running the file when it downloaded.
But, I can't get the rest of the instructions to work. When I click "Test Installation" all I get is a cryptic, useless message.
So, if you are not familiar about how to install add-ons, you may want to save the frustration and skip this one!!
- by Firefox user 14121553, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Many thanks for this great work !! ;-) Maybe hard to install for some people, but I think the documentation is good enough and this work really great with all browsers....
- by Firefox user 13603420, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Cannot find a way to install the extra program this requires on a Mac. Have some experience of using Terminal and am very IT literate, without being an IT professional, but can not get this off the ground with the instructions supplied.
- by Louis, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Not an extension. It's merely a trigger for another program that must be installed (hard to do). This belongs in another category.
There are still no clear instructions on how to actually install all the stuff needed (it's complicated). It's a wonder this extension has such a high rating but I see I'm not the only who wasted his time for nothing.
Suggestion for the next update: Clear, bullet list instructions on how to install all this stuff and a warning that this is not a real extension until another program is installed.
- by Schwim, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Install was NOT painless and I'm fairly surprised that you don't get a right-click option. Opening bookmarks requires you to open it in the browser you don't want it opened in to then perform the actions in Open With to open it in the browser you really want it opened in when it could have just been a right-click or defined command like shift-alt-click.
- by CanIregisterThisTime, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Not enough documentation. Opening a link from release Firefox in Nightly just opens up a new tab. I can't figure out what "command" to put in to get it to open links in Vivaldi. I did visit the github but there's not a lot of information there.