Rated 4 out of 5
4 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 15573474, 5 months agoRated 5 out of 5If you are on macOS Catalina, install this extension and follow the instructions, but put the file "open_with_mac.py" in your "Public" folder. Only then it will work.
- by Radon, 5 months agoRated 5 out of 5For people who cannot use it on macOS Catalina. I found a solution here, https://stackoverflow.com/questions/59543692/failed-to-connect-native-host-has-exited . In other words, download the helper program open_with_mac.py to $HOME/Public .
For debugging, I find it easier to debug with Chrome browser. There is a Chrome version of this extension https://darktrojan.github.io/openwith/
- by mrbunnylamakins, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 5I was going to give 1 star. Till I realized I was in older python folder on main C Directory was wrong, I removed older versions and Launcher of Python from control panel (Programs and Features). and reloaded Python version 3.8.1 and noticed where it was loading it (Windows) >
I dumped the "open_with_windows.py" File downloaded from (On the Option Page when you click the toolbar button) I placed that file after downloading it in the Python folder and then Ran the "open_with_windows.py install" in Command Prompt Admin THEN Tested it via > Options on the Open With toolbar button got a green check and then it worked when I tried it on a web site page.
- by 偏号大神棍, 7 months agoRated 4 out of 5Finally, the installation is successful,Set the default open mode to Python,and use "open_with_windows.py install"
in the folder where the file is located. If you open any other windows when use "open_with_windows.py install" ,you should set the default open mode of .py file. Chinglish
- by Firefox user 13447497, 9 months agoRated 1 out of 5Not easy to install. tried doing this on my FF Portable. Installed the Python program and ran the command "open_with_windows.py install" Nothing happens and the open_with_windows.py file is opend in my text editor. When I click the Test Installation button get a cryptic message"Something went wrong. There might be more information in the Browser Console."
Extremely poor documentation. Don't know whether this works with FF Portable.
- by Firefox user 12760379, 10 months agoRated 4 out of 5Thanks for the Plugin! Good but complicated. Have written a small tutorial in english and german. Maybe it helps someone.
DE: Gut aber kompliziert zu installieren. Wer Hilfe braucht kann es mit der kleinen Anleitung versuchen.