- by Dom, 13 days agoRated 3 out of 5needs to override firefox "jumping" to the right most tab.
It's not immediately convenient for the tab to be added immediately to the right of the current tab if firefox does the disorienting thing of jumping all the way to the right of all 70 of my tabs anyway.
using browser.tabs.tabMinWidth in about:config to try help.
- by Chin, 4 months agoRated 5 out of 5Thank YOU! It is high-effective! I have modified so many configs aim to open many links next to the current tab by click order from back to front, but new tabls were still from front to back until I find this add-on. So helpful!
- by Firefox user 13524479, 5 months agoRated 3 out of 5Worked great until about 10 days ago. New tabs now open a bit randomly and when you have a few dozen tabs opened it becomes a pain in the ass to find what's where. Firefox changed something and Open Tabs Next to Current needs an update.
- by Firefox user 14998542, 9 months agoRated 4 out of 5Worked perfectly, except for the known issue of the tab bar being scrolled.
Thanks for the info on "browser.tabs.insertAfterCurrent". Now the scroll issue is no more. (And sadly, I have now removed this add-in.)
- by kcl, 10 months agoRated 1 out of 5Has been an extremely useful extension for me for years but as mentioned by Sebastian himself, this feature is now integrated in Firefox and easy to operate in about:config. I should add that the built-in feature actually works much better than the extension. Thanks for your work. No one lives forever.
- by Firefox user 11114990, a year agoRated 5 out of 5dear sebastain blask, thank you for the addon. i had to delete it because i don't need it anymore, i had a great time with it. in the newest firefox, i can use something better: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1329071 ....... browser.tabs.insertAfterCurrent = true in the about:config page
- by Stranger46, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Simple solution for those who don't want to do it through "about:config".
Otherwise do as stated :
by moziloper, 2 years ago
I think this extension only simplifies the manual inclusion of this option: "browser.tabs.insertAfterCurrent"
This can be done manually using two steps:
1. Type in the address bar: "about:config?filter=browser.tabs.insertAfterCurrent".
2. Set to "true" by double click on it.