Rated 4.3 out of 5
4.3 Stars out of 5
- by Cris, 4 months agoRated 2 out of 5DOES NOT enqeue links in same instance instead opens multiple instances of vlc one after the other. There was a extension in the ol XUL days that functioned much much better then this and was absolutely essential to have especially for YouTube play listing. If you could somehow get on its level well then you would have a great extension worthy for anyone who YouTubes daily
- by Traegger, 6 months agoRated 1 out of 5I recommend against wasting time on this non-functional add-on.
When I click on the icon in the address bar, the VLC window pops up and momentarily shows the video on the web page in the play list. Then it disappears from the playlist and nothing plays. A waste of time. I am now using "Open in IINA" which works correctly but loads IINA instead of VLC. IINA is a better video player than VLC anyway.
- by WillStewart, 8 months agoRated 1 out of 5Loaded the extension then attempted to follow the youtube Linux instructions for loading the Firefox extension, which were in a different language, in CHROME(!), and flowed so fast that I had to stop and back up several times. Could not replicate the steps, nor could find the resulting toolbar icon. I've been running Ubuntu for 14 years now, and am a programmer myself. Yet this was hands down the most awkward, convoluted installs I've ever seen. Not worth any more time or frustration.
- by Firefox user 15241245, a year agoRated 3 out of 5It sends the files to VLC, but do not emulate some required protocols, for example if the website sends video by parts, the extension will be able to only play the downloaded parts 1 by 1 . unlike a VLC for Android app by Videolabs .
- by Arthur Protagonist, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Great add-on to stream media from websites in VLC with much more control.
The one thing missing would be a menu button to start it on websites with disabled right mouse click, like Spotify.