- by ktmd, 9 months agoRated 1 out of 5Who designed it so that all tabs disappear when the user clicks on the icon?
Why is it that when I freeze while restoring tabs, there are no tabs in Firefox and OneTab?
- by Brian Groover, 9 months agoRated 5 out of 5Outstanding, but NOT for saving bookmarks.
Use the bookmarks bar and a bookmark manager to save your bookmarks. This wonderful app serves a different purpose, and that is to open the four/six/twenty bookmarks that you use for a specific environment/mission.
Dev research: Pull out these six tabs to search.
Tech Support: Load all your tabs related to proving phone support.
Movies: Pull out IMDB and places to buy tickets.
Food: Pull out your twenty favorite restaurants that deliver.
I recommend you go to the options, and choose to disallow duplicates, and to not remove from the tabs by default.
I wish we could edit the names of the saved tabs, since some things look like duplicates but are not.
One of the best add-ons ever.
- by Firefox user 15233239, 10 months agoRated 5 out of 5It works well. The interface is a bit clumsy, I admit, but then the FF tabs are clumsy, too.
Very early on it had a few bugs, but it's been running without a hitch for months now. One caveat: it won't properly restore file:// URLs.
Aside from this small oversight, I highly recommend.
- by Firefox user 16796814, 10 months agoRated 1 out of 5You will lose all of your saved tabs sooner or later. make backups regularly. Firefox/Chrome...doesn't matter. This extension seems great but it will break your heart and make your life a nightmare. After the first time, I gave them a pass and now I am screwed. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't happen. Check out what they have to say about this app in Reddit. F**k me.
- by Yagoth, 10 months agoRated 1 out of 5[Update]: This app was good but keeps going down hill. After 5+ years, enough is enough. UNINSTALLED. The backup/export buttons have now been removed preventing any kind of tab integrity.
[Old Review]: Lost all my tabs, no idea why. This kind of unreliability is a problem. I have had it happen before, but it it is very irritating.
- by wildfires88, 10 months agoRated 5 out of 5Extremely valuable add-on. One positive asset is that you can save whatever research you are doing and return back to it the next day with all the original websites exactly in the same order and on the original pages. If you want, you can do that for several weeks of research on several subjects and return to it later. One Tab can save a lot of work this way, and many other ways.
- by Wireless Biscuits, 10 months agoRated 5 out of 5Probably the best and most useful extension I've added to Firefox.
I had initially started using it to just dump all of my open tabs—I only realised recently that it has alot more functionality with grouping, naming, import/export.
It's absolutely phenomenal, would recomend.