Rated 4.1 out of 5
4.1 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 16307439, 8 minutes agoRated 5 out of 5For all of you who have problems after the September 16 update, I guess the solution is disable and re-enable it. No idea why it broke after the sept 16 update but it seems to a viable solution. Otherwise, OneTab is a wonderful extension that does exactly what it says. It's one of my most used extensions. Hopefull the OneTab team could help fix this issue.
- by Firefox user 13268994, 27 minutes agoRated 4 out of 5OneTab's icon keeps disappearing every time after browser restart.... I think it has started recently.... It is there, but transparent, or without an icon, then I have to go into Extensions - Disable - Enable again, then I have the icon, next time it is disappeared again...
- by lilewis, 3 hours agoRated 4 out of 5OneTab worked great until recently. I'm now also experiencing a bug where the onetab tab stops working and the icon itself itself if blank. I found that by going into settings/add-ons and turning onetab off then back on brings it back to a functioning add on But the originators of this add-on need to address this issue because although not fatal, is annoying!
- by iamsababa, 3 hours agoRated 2 out of 5Used to work great, after the update I lost all saved websites. Giving 2/5 in the hope that something will be done to address the issue and I can recover my data, but this shouldn't happen. Using Firefox 80.0.1 on Ubuntu 20.04
- by Marita, 5 hours agoRated 5 out of 5I've been using One Tab for a while, and I love it!! After the update on 16 Sept however, I opened my computer to find all the sites listed on my One Tab had disappeared, and the icon wasn't showing properly on the toolbar.
GOOD NEWS!! After I read some reviews, saying they disabled the add-on, restarted, then enabled it again, everything was restored!! Yayyyyyy!!
5 Stars!! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
To all those users who had the same problem and bagged it out in a review, I suggest you try the above fix, and then change your review!! 😊
- by Ender, 5 hours agoRated 1 out of 5I lose everything in a moment. Installed on 3 of my 6 profiles, after restart the onetab tab show nothing and the icon button doesn't respond. I recover 2 of 3 profiles tabs with a lot of work.
- by Old Fox user, 9 hours agoRated 2 out of 5What's going on? The extension icon just disappeared onetab doesn't function anymore! I can only modify the extension options via Firefox. All my saved web pages are gone!? That's horrible. Shouldn't have trusted this kinda thing. Anyone from their support team read this?
YOU GUYS STILL NOT BELIEVING IN SYNCING????
- by chenoa, 14 hours agoRated 1 out of 5well, this add-on was great... until it just stopped working and lost all my tabs. useless piece of garbage. I would have saved those tabs elsewhere if I had known this add-in was trash 🙃
- by Firefox user 16306181, 14 hours agoRated 5 out of 5Con la última actualizacion de septiembre, se atenuó el icono y no funciona. La solucion es desactivar la extensión, cerrar el navegador y al volverlo abrir aparece todo de nuevo. Años usandola y es perfecta esta extensión.
- by Daniel, 18 hours agoRated 1 out of 5Unfortunately became unusable due to the last update. Workarounds didn't work reliably for me and shouldn't be necessary in the first place.
Releasing an update in this state is a massive oversight.
- by Firefox user 13495400, 19 hours agoRated 5 out of 5This is a great tool. With the updates mid Sept. 2020 its toolbar icon grayed out and the saved tabs was blank. Some people uninstalled and reinstalled and said they lost the links. Instead of that I disabled it, restarted Firefox, and re-enabled, and restarted Firefox - the icon and links were all back.
- by Firefox user 15319745, a day agoRated 5 out of 5As far as the latest update, it basically removed the add-on from Firefox. I followed what Justin said from another review, but for Mac OS : /Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/08nnu9pm.default/extensions > open "Extension@one-tab.com.xpi" with the Firefox application, it'll ask you to reinstall. Now the add-on will be back, and running normal.
- by PrincessFawna, a day agoRated 5 out of 5I've had great experiences with this addon and the new update seems really good with the changes I've noticed so far, but it DID remove my original access to my tabs, as many other users have posted. Here's the workaround: "C:\Users\XXXX(Username)\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\2vl8majd.default\extensions and open email@example.com with firefox. Then reload the tab. " I'm not happy that i had to look up how to do this, and I regularly backup my tabs in a text file anyways, but still. I've had so much success with this addon, it's really good. Just use the export function sometimes to backup your stuff in case there isn't a fix like there was this time. This is the addon I depend upon the most.
- by Justin, a day agoRated 4 out of 5Overall it's a good extension but I've had trouble getting my tabs back twice now. This ext would get 5 stars if there was the option to export automatically. As a developer, I don't see why this would be a difficult feature to add. After the first time, I started exporting my tabs periodically so if I did lose any then I probably could remember the most important links from recent memory. This time I lost all my tabs and the icon disappeared. From reading the reviews, I'm far from alone.
To restore my tabs I found a review with instructions. Go to ~/.mozilla/firefox/2tz4pwhp.default/extensions or a similar path in the Files GUI then double-click on a file called firstname.lastname@example.org . This opened up onetab, restored my lost tabs, and fixed the missing icon in my browser after giving permissions in the oneTab pop up in my browser and refreshing my OneTab open tab. I am using Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and Firefox 80.0.1 (64 bit). Hope this helps.
Update: This only fixed the problem temporarily. I had to follow the steps again after restarting my computer. An easier step, as was already mentioned in some reviews, is to simply go to Add-Ons in Open Menu (top right corner) and then disable OneTab by clicking the white circle in the blue oval. Click it again to enable OneTab and it should be working again.
- by Firefox user 16305005, a day agoRated 1 out of 5Firefox crash one time and this extension stop working too. All of my tabs lost and there's no way to recover them. Is automatic backup really that hard?
- by ZoePickburn, a day agoRated 1 out of 5All my saved tabs are gone and the disable/enable isn't working for me. OneTab just isn't reliable unfortunately, andnow I've lost months of research and work.