Rated 4.3 out of 5
4.3 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 13340712, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5I agree with the last two comments. Please fix this! I love it and vastly prefer it to Firefox's default search. P.S I appreciate the last couple of times you've had to fix it as well. Thanks!
- by Ben Vost, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5I am very pleased to see this add-on since I no longer appear able to use the config search "browser.search.showOneOffButtons". However, I have noticed that you need to call a refesh of listed search engines whenever a new one is added. Right now, the list presented remains static for a session.
- by Firefox user 12294838, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Until now, the Addon was working really great.
But today it stopped working with
Firefox ESR 48.8.0 and Tor Browser 6.5.1 (based on Mozilla Firefox 45.8.0).
I can type in the search bar, but <Enter> or klicking on the lens did not start a search.
Manually downgrade to Version 1.72 (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/old-search-fixed2/versions/) and switching auto update to OFF in Add-ons-Manager solved this problem for the moment.
- by Валентна, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Неожиданно перестало работать дополнение на 50.1, хотя не обновляла браузер. Откатилась на 50, тоже не работало. Очень расстроилась и решла обновиться до 52, т.к. на старых версиях меня уже ничего не держало. После обновления неожиданно заработало дополнение! Большое спасибо разработчику за труд!
- by Firefox user 12802513, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5WHO at Firefox makes decisions like, "let's screw up the search box REALLY BAD?" My guess: somebody paid by "Edge" or "Chrome" that's who! Fortunately brave people like kjdf are helping the world against these creeps. THANK YOU KJDF
- by TJGEsq, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Noticed very recently (Firefox 51) that pushing the enter button no longer works after typing a search query. Hope this is fixed soon! Great extension (in fact, better than great ... necessary).
- by End User, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Installed. See current search icon.
"Enter" does not work.
"Ctrl-Enter" does not work.
"Alt-Enter" does not work.
"Shift-Enter" does not work.
I would be quite happy if this extension will be fixed too.
- by Firefox user 12627559, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5I see the new search bar as a great step backward in usability, part of the global trend of forcing tablet metaphors onto desktop PCs. The bar is actually stateful but this fact and it's state (selected search engine) are hidden from the user until you pop up its menu. This is especially frustrating if I want to search quickly using only keyboard shortcuts as the menu all but requires use of the mouse. Thankfully Firefox was designed to be customizable, and thankfully this developer made the customization!
- by Raphael, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Anonymous user, this addon is only to restore the appearance and functionality of the old search bar. If you want "extra" search features, then you are looking for another kind of addon. What this is set to do, it does!
- by Firefox user 12312710, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5Нельзя скрыть ненужные поисковые системы во всплывающем окне. Нет опции автоматически очистить строку поиска как в CTR и др. Список можно продолжать...
UPD: Raphael а я уже нашёл у настоящего автора этого расширения, в Old Search 1.7.9 всё есть
- by Haven667, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Thank you very much for bringing back the good old search bar. Another needed extension for fixing Mozilla's madness.
And thank you for fixing the incompatibility with Firefox v46.