To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
OpenLink HTML5 WebDB-to-ODBC Bridge 0.2.4 Requires Restart
Bridges the HTML5 Web SQL Database API to the ODBC (Open Database Connectivity) API.
About this Add-on
When OpenLink Virtuoso is the target DBMS, users and developers enjoy several additional benefits:
- Virtual/Federated RDBMS access — A single ODBC connection to Virtuoso enables access to, and distributed joins across, all ODBC- or JDBC-accessible data sources
- RDF and Graph Database access — A single ODBC connection to Virtuoso enables SPARQL access to local and/or remote RDF-based Linked Data via SPASQL (SQL and SPARQL query language hybrid)
- Extra fine grained security via client-side X.509 certificates for identity verification courtesy of built-in support for the new HTTP Linked Data-based WebID Protocol.
How do I use it?
You can immediately start using the new Web Database APIs for data access from your HTML5 application as documented by the HTML5 team.
The sample programs below, which use this API for SQL-based RDBMS data access, are provided to help you get started by testing basic connectivity and performing simple queries:
How do I obtain ODBC Drivers?
- ODBC Driver Vendors such as OpenLink Software
- Other 3rd-party Driver Vendors (including RDBMS engine providers)