Rated 3.8 out of 5
3.8 Stars out of 5
- by Ravindra Kamath, 5 months agoRated 1 out of 5Unable to get sound on notification from youtube.com or moneycontrol.com. Needed sounds for these two sites badly. Tried using the .flac version of the custom sound too. doesn't work. pls help. will surely update my review if this is resolved. thank you
Developer responseposted 5 months agoNotifications generated by service workers don't work. This is for sure what youtube uses, since you also get notifications from youtube when the tab is not open. Sadly there is no way for the extension to intercept these notifications.
- by Firefox user 15291916, 7 months agoRated 1 out of 5Instant failure, as soon as I installed it. The page to test the add-on which appeared shortly after installation played no sound when the button was clicked, and on attempting to try the default sound, or any other selected sound, in the add-on's preferences page, I'm greeted with an error message on a red background, instead of sound. "The play method is not allowed by the user agent or the platform in the current context, possibly because the user denied permission." It complains it doesn't have permission, but it won't ask for it!
Developer responseposted 7 months agoThanks for this - what is essentially a bug report - I was not aware that I had issues with not having the proper playback permissions. I thought that extensions were made exempt when they were initially introduced. Since the extension can't ask for permission like a webpage can. However, I'm sadly unable to reproduce the exact issue with the latest Firefox version (78.0.1). For me the default sound doesn't work, but selecting a custom sound works. Sadly playing sounds from an extension is a bit cumbersome, and as many reviews show, a bit error prone - however the errors depend a lot on OS, Firefox version, and other system variables that I haven't fully narrowed down.
- by Firefox user 13968023, 8 months agoRated 5 out of 5Not sure why people have given mediocre rating. This addon works exactly as intended. Allows customization of notification sound as well as muting the notifications for desired websites.
- by Firefox user 14624736, 9 months agoRated 3 out of 5not working on my latest firefox. only download sound working but no sound on notification from facebook and twitter.
Developer responseposted 8 months agothe Facebook and Twitter notifications likely come from Service Workers, which also work when the tab is not open. As described in the description, it is sadly impossible to play a sound for those (in a generic way).
- by Firefox user 15181476, a year agoRated 1 out of 5sound is all but inaudible. Cannot find how to change/chose a better sound.
Developer responseposted a year agoYou can select a different sound file to play in the extension options. If you don't know how to find that, please feel free to reach out to me at the provided support site.
- by Firefox user 13633367, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Unfortunately it does not work on windows 8 ! No sound whatsoever.Hi
This is likely due to the codec of the sound file not being supported when playing from an extension unfortunately. Apparently installed something like VLC can help, since it adds codecs to the system.
- by Firefox user 14192697, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5It is working perfectly again with windows 10 (And I love it)
But Not working at all in windows 8.1. It doesn't play any sound, not even the predefined one, and keeps showing the same error message...There is a lengthy discussion about the Windows 8.1 playback issue over in the discourse support thread: https://discourse.mozilla.org/t/support-notification-sound/23758/18?u=freaktechnik
Installing VLC and using a FLAC as custom sound seems to have solved the issue. Really weird issue with the Firefox media decoder, this.
- by Firefox user 14162011, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5great and very useful for my work .. but i hope that it could notify me about Facebook notifications too .
- by Firefox user 14110914, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5I enjoy the principle.
Alas, no sound is played when I push the play button in the options, or when I have a notification :-/ and sound selection seems buggy.
I'd really like to use it with Nextcloud Talk, that would be great.The supported sound file formats depend on your operating system and Firefox version. If you can hear no sound that most likely means that Firefox can not play that sound. Alternatively, the volume could be set too low to be audible. The extension plays the sound as Firefox, so the Firefox application shouldn't be muted.