- Rated 1 out of 5by Peter Kehl, 2 days agoUnfortunately, not maintained anymore. As per reviews below, not synchronized anymore. Its source code GitHub.com/mozilla/notes is now archived-only - the project is closed.
It probably used to synchronize/upload the notes to "Mozilla Private Network" (NOT the same as Mozilla, or any, Virtual Private Network). But that is gone, too.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Nish, a month agoI still love this, but here's why I'm giving it 3 star:
- It does not sync with my Mozilla account. Damn! Mozilla should sync it.
- I can't access my notes from web. Like - www.notes.mozilla.com would be perfect with my mozilla account.
Other wise okay.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Ajith Nair, 2 months agoOne issue I have is, the extension icon doesn't change colour when using dark theme. All other icons turn white while the notes icon remains black, making it almost impossible to see.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Milan Regec, 2 months agoCould have been easy 5 stars if the notes would be synced (and backed up) via the Mozilla account. Otherwise, like S K Biswas said - do not use, your notes can disappear without warning.
- Rated 1 out of 5by kcufuoyeid, 2 months agoDoesn't work. Why is this not updated? Did Mitchell Baker fire the employees working on this addon and than hoard all the funds so she can live a lavish lifestyle like other CEOs. Being rich and having FOMO will drag Mozilla down.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 12918016, 3 months ago3 stars because I want development to continue and am tired of using Sticky Notes (who never figured out 'always on top'). But listen I need a dark mode.
- Rated 5 out of 5by akasico1, 3 months agoMissing ---> current development
I am using more https://www.noteboardapp.com/
Missing ---> the logo by firefox on this addons like other addons have
Missing ---> included in catalog like bookmarks
Missing ---> sincronicity with firefox user account
- Rated 1 out of 5by livians, 4 months agoWould've been a decent notes addon except it constantly deletes saved notes.
For a time it works fine then suddenly one day all your notes are just gone. Unacceptable...
- Rated 2 out of 5by S K Biswas, 6 months agoDO NOT USE THIS EXTENSION!
With the May 25th Update, i.e., Firefox 113.0.2 (20230522134052), I lost all the previous notes. I am not sure how I can recover the old notes which contained important information. I am not talking about syncing, I have just ONE laptop. I tried everything (including old profile load) to recover the old notes from my laptop, I failed. (EDIT-1: not true, I came to notice multiple "profile folders", and while checking them out one by one, I finally succeeded to restore the old notes. Read Edit - 2).
The github repo has been archived too. In summary, do not use this extension anymore! You may risk losing all your notes anytime.
EDIT -2 : To recover the old notes, first create "Old Firefox Data" on the desktop (Help -> More Troubleshooting Info). Then type "about:profiles" on the URL space, hit enter, create new profile, and point at the "profile folder" (test one by one) inside "Old Firefox Data". Then hit "Launch in a new browser".
Edit-3: updated the rating from 1 to 2. Rating 2 because the notes project is now dead (github repo is archived and Mozilla does not monitor it).
- Rated 5 out of 5by Lui5Jo53in, 7 months agoMuy buena extensión. La utilidad que supone se hace notar al momento de tener todo dentro del navegador. Falta pulir un poco la sync con android y ya estaría.