- by Firefox user 13648636, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5I give up NoSquint Plus. It did not work well for Firefox 57. I found Zoom Page WE working fine for me. You can set zoom page and text levels based on site or tab. I am so happy with Zoom Page WE......
- by Firefox user 13612465, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5Shame, with my old eyes and a 27 inch monitor, I need this. I thought when it went to NS Plus it was something Firefox acquired or was backing more than other add-ons. I will not upgrade to 57 unless this is working, period.
- by Carequinha, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5All versions after 56.1 don't work. I tried them on a new installation of Firefox, with a new profile. It's the only addon that's impeding me from upgrading to Firefox 57+. Any plans to fix it? With version 56.1 I rated it 5 stars, but sadly now I rate it 0. Anybody knows of another similar addon that works in ff57+ ?
- by Firefox user 12249740, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5It simply does not work anymore, even before FF 57: I have set the default to 80%, new sites always show up at 100% and sometimes even 120%, never 80%. And in any case, when FF is rebooted, everything has to be done again.
How come that such an extension, which is pushed by Mozilla itself (how come the function is not a FF built-in one?) has become that erratic in the past weeks?
What are the alternative tools?
- by Firefox user 13492049, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5This addon does not work. Don't waste your time on it. Even if the author of the addon makes it compatible for the current version of Mozilla Firefox browser, the developers of Mozilla will "upgrade" their browser to another version higher and the addon will stop working again. Guaranteed. It's a constant race between No Squint developer and Mozilla developers to see who can make the life of the browser's users more miserable. Both strive to win the title "The Worst Product of the Year".
- by SiCo, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5I'm not a computer guy so I don't really get what it's all about, which is hardly surprising, if there's one thing missing in I.T. it's information. Knowledge is always assumed, where you're meant to acquire it from, however, is all part of the mystery!?
Like this add-on, No Squint Plus, for example, it's gone from doing what it was supposed to do, which such is the overall standard within this field, is greeted as a major accomplishment in itself - it does the job you got it to do, "Bravo!!!" "5 stars!!!" Rave reviews on the strength of the fact that it works.
Anyway, NSP certainly doesn't work any more, it's as though we've gone back in time, to a less advanced age, what is it with updates?? The only thing that progresses in a forward direction is the date, update to a downgrade, I dread updates, it's always the same, chaos, nothing works, everything's suddenly broken, time I get things ironed out, you guessed it, it's time for another bloody update!!!!
I'm aware that people like me, who just whinge, achieve absolutely nothing + offer no solutions, but if people can knock out stuff like NSP, or rubbish, I don't think it unreasonable to label it, then I've got to be allowed to moan about it. If these people did their bit as well as I do mine, we'd all be far better off. If you need a benchmark, then look no further, the bar's set pretty damn high so aspire to it! There are some folk out there that need to raise their game, I've noticed that p.c. people don't take criticism at all well. If your work is good enough behaving like some kind of diva will fly, if it's not it won't. If the criticism is unjustified, which if I've got anything to do with it that won't be the case, which is why when I get denials, or insults, or whatever it might be? Some of the problem is right there in the attitude, usually, there is no response at all, which again is a really bad sign, if you can't get it together to send a pre-packaged "Thank you so much.....I deleted + trashed it.....Yours truly," then something's wrong, + that will be you yourself.
There's a lot i don't like about p.c. land, stuff not working, though, that's not opinion, that's fundamental, if that's wrong you deserve all you get............
June 2019: Still doesn't work........
- by Timofonic, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5It has a very promising description, but an extremely deceiving experience. This extension should be removed if Mozilla Addons repository had a stricter QA. Does anyone know any alternative? By reading the comments, I suppose the author no cares at all and probably get revenues by some shady scripting or whatever.
- by Chris, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5its with a heavy heart , that its time to go our separate ways away from nosquint, and go back to zoom page
as the author of this addon has no intest in updating this addon or giving any update or response to numerous emails
i dont think the author even reads these comments ,so therefore doesnt give a monkeys apart his users, shame on them!
goodbye and good riddance
- by Firefox user 13369684, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5Worked really well until the last few updates. Completely stopped working and can no longer be rolled back to a working version (v56.1, the last working version, has been removed from the version history and earlier versions are incompatible with Firefox now).
- by Firefox user 13454668, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5I used to love this addon but no longer. It does not matter which browser or version is used. It doesn't work. The only version that worked was 56.1 but it's gone, why ??? It doesn't save any settings at all. And why are you NEVER responding to meil or even here ??
PEOPLE! TRY THIS! IT REALLY WORKS!
From User 7d96d8
For Firefox 56 users
Download No Squint Plus version 50.0 from here
You have to choose 'Download anyway'
This will download an xpi file (nosquint_plus-50.0-fx.xpi).
Save it anywhere you want on your PC (easiest is just the desktop)
Now drag and drop this xpi file onto your Firefox shortcut on your PC desktop (even if you have Firefox running).
You will now be prompted to install the Add On
And there you go. A working No Squint Plus for Firefox 56
PS; Set updates to 'Off'
THANK YOU User "7d96d8"
I HAVE ANOTHER SOLUTION!! Install FEBE here! This backs up all your data including all settings in your addons !!