- Rated 2 out of 5by Snake, 2 days agoHas been broken for a LONG time, pretty much since the new FF add-on design requirements. I use it on 2 different Win10 computers, both running the most up-to-date version of FF and NS (now FF 105 and NS 11.4.11) and both computers have the same issues: on many websites NS fails to show the correct number of scripts being blocked. This means that you can't *unblock* them, because they never show up on the list. You hit the 'Temp Allow All' button and NS shows a number still blocked, say 4, but the list does not actually show the 4 still blocked. This means that many websites are unusable because NS keeps some / many of the blocks off the list and you can't override that unless you Disable Restrictions Globally, and even then sometimes it doesn't work (see https://www.rideapart.com/news/609878/moto-guzzi-v100-mandello-pricing/ as a test).
Never has been fixed, for many months now. Seemed to have actually gotten worse these past 2 months, many websites aren't usable now.
Developer responseposted 2 days agoNot a NoScript problem: on that site I had to
2. Disable uBlock for the page, otherwise some essential scripts could not be loaded or even shown because were preemptively filtered by uBlock.
If you've got other situations like this please try disabling other extensions (such as uBlock) and report in the proper bug tracker, thanks: https://github.com/hackademix/noscript/issues/
- Rated 5 out of 5by Eliot Cole, a month agoI use this in my private life *extensively* here I'll be trying to ensure that I can apply a tool like this to work seamlessly in a work context without too much overhead in times of being a time-sink.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Monk, 2 months agoI have been using "NoScript" firefox extension for 10 years now. In Windows + Linux. If you don't have antivirus software installed then "NoScript" is a must to have. Even with 'globally allow' option it works
- Rated 2 out of 5by thunder_dream, 2 months agoI use to love this extension but it's gotten to where it blocks everything. Even when I return to a previously viewed site it still blocks them. These include secure medical sites. I've used this extension for years, and I am having to remove it. I wish it was a little less extreme than it has become.
Developer responseposted 2 months agoHi, nothing has changed about what's blocked and what not: you decide which sites should be fully functional by setting them to TRUSTED.
Either somehow your previous settings have been erased (a botched Firefox update or a "privacy" software deleting more browser data than it should) or something changed in the dependencies of the sites which stopped working, and some other "new" script source needs to be allowed.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 12993590, 2 months agoSeit Jahren setze ich schon auf den verschiedensten Geräten, von PC über Tablet und Smartphone, auf NoScript und bin immer wieder begeistert, wie gut man hier einen Überblick an und über Informationen über den "Dschungel" Internet erhalten und beeinflussen kann. Hierfür meine höchste Anerkennung und Dank.