- by bm, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5Pretty buggy. Get logged out, or not able to log in, or it just keeps searching for servers, or just stops responding altogether. Needs work. Less ads, more devs!Hello. Do try updating your browser - reinstalling our extension afterward to see whether the issue that you're currently experiencing persists. In case it does regardless, drop a line to our customers' support team regarding further assistance on its resolve at support.nordvpn.com.
- by Jul, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5It works 10% of time. I connect on a server, and when itwants i can surf on the web, but 90% of the time nothing loads.
I had already uninstall 5 times, disconnected and reconnected thousand times, it doesn't changes anything.Hello. It would be great if you'd contact our customers' support team, for them to check what could be causing the issue that you're currently experiencing and provide you with assistance on its resolve afterward. You may reach our team out at support.nordvpn.com. Thank you!
- by Firefox user 14505724, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5No Server selection options...which means if you connect to a sucking server it's unlucky of you :) Dunno why recently I have to log in every time when I open my firefox... Every time I ask NORDVPN support team all I get is : there's nothing to help. This app is an orphan. All you can do is to pray for someday it will be fixed automatically or get back to the NORD app and make your whole system on VPN which is annoying enough since some apps are not working under vpn status!
- by Firefox user 15166779, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5It's working on chrome but not on firefoxHello. It'd be great if you could contact our customers' support team while specifying the exact issue that you have experienced, for them to check what could have caused it. You may reach our team out at support.nord-help.com.
- by Aleksei Bekh-Ivanov, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Didn't have usability issues, but found that traffic is not encrypted between my machine and the service if a request it using an IP like http://18.104.22.168/login. I can see all my plain HTTP traffic in Wireshark. It seems to not be proxied.
Looks like a major flaw as soon as it claims to give privacy.
Version used: 2.12.4
PS: Extension in Chrome seems to work just fine in this sense.
For those whom may concern: if you are ready to sacrifice usability to solve this issue you can use another Firefox proxy extension and set up HTTPS proxy there using one of the NordVPN hosts and port 89. This will use encrypted channel
- by Olle Bonk, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Works but too basic. Needs further improvement i.e. remebering previous connections.
- by Firefox user 14691394, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5The interface is really slow (10s to take an action into account), and lack of option (can't choose the server, only a country).Hello. We do appreciate your feedback and will forward it for consideration. As well, additional functionality regarding servers' selection is indeed in our roadmap, however, no ETA for now on its implementation. As of slow interface, it would be best if you'd drop a line to our customers' support team, for them to check whether any other extension or service ain't interfering our Proxy Extension's functionality. You may reach our team out at support.nordvpn.com.
- by Firefox user 14470441, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5I would not stay on, as it turned itself off often. Now, it won't even turn on. Not sure why,
- by Firefox user 13723667, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Most of the time I can only connect for about 10 or 15 mins before I have to discount and reconnect b/c the VPN stops working to use it. Most of time it stops allowing me out of the network and I can't do anything with it. I just turn it off. Most of time its pointless I have a membership and it does not work.
- by Firefox user 14408494, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Doesnt work correctly with firefox atm. Regardless how often you change your location it snaps back to some location you used the first time. Sites wont load 90% of the time with the plugin running, using the Nord VPN software no issue can be found. Right now i wouldnt advice using it over the NordVPN software.
- by Firefox user 14303613, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5The add on on Firefox is very slow to start and connect, and you have to start a new connection every time you open the window. By comparison, the Chrome extension is much faster and connects automatically upon opening the window. Therefore, I will be using the Chrome browser until the issues are resolved.
- by Firefox user 12328897, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Fedora 28 and Firefox 61 - it works, but the UI performance is absolutely dreadful - on an OC'd Ryzen 5 1600 with 3000Mhz DDR4 RAM it takes 5-6 SECONDS for UI to show up after it is clicked. Similar to show flags on the country list. Firefox often offers me the choice to kill hanged-up js script that addon is using.
On the, ekhm, rival browser the UI performance is significantly better, but honestly, still slow. Like 1,5s for UI to show up, instead of 6s on Firefox.
- by Firefox user 14185083, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5I dont know if this happens all the time, but there seems to be an issue with reconnecting automatically to the desired server after restarting Firefox. The icon stays green but you are definitely not connected to the VPN. Visiting a site such as https://geoiptool.com/ confirms this. Reconnecting manually solves the issue but this is not practicable or required on chrome
- by Firefox user 14155393, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5It's frustrating to have to login to the extension constantly; there is no "Save Password" feature.
The extension has been pretty buggy over the past few days. After connecting, webpages tend to time out. When I disconnect, the webpage loads quickly.
I'd also like to have access to my favorite servers like I do in the desktop app. The extension is nice, because I'm able to connect at work to bypass the company firewall, and secure my personal data.
- by Firefox user 14146598, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5Works fine if I re-connect when Firefox launched. However, if I close Firefox and re-launch later, NordVPN shows green but an IP check shows my real public IP. Not good. I have to manually disconnect then re-connect each time I launch Firefox. Quite annoying.