Reviews for NordVPN – A VPN Proxy Extension for Firefox
NordVPN – A VPN Proxy Extension for Firefox by NordVPN
- Rated 2 out of 5by jcorn3, 3 years agoGreat, but will occasionally bug out giving you proxy errors and forbidding you from logging in. This required removing and reinstalling.
It's a month later and now I am failing to connect after reinstalling the extension. Hopefully support can figure it out.Hello. Do disconnect from our server before closing your browser to see whether the issue that you're currently experiencing persists afterward. If anything, do not hesitate to contact our customers' support team regarding further assistance on its resolve at support.nordvpn.com.
- Rated 2 out of 5by RobJoy, 3 years agoSad, sad,.. extension.
Where can you select the type of server you are trying to connect to?
THE most important feature for most.Hello. There is no specialty servers in extension. If you'd like to user them, you'd need to use our application instead.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 15467501, 3 years agoOn one hand, Nord is the very best for VPN. I adore these folks and keep renewing my 3 year subscription. I will remain loyal as long as I'm able because Nord cares a lot about our privacy, and being based in Switzerland allows them to accomplish that in the many ways they lead on.
On the other hand, the performance over the past 1 year has become almost unbearable on both iOS and Linux. Linux app has stopped working altogether, so I've resorted to this lightweight Firefox extension. It was working fine for a couple of months, and now the "search" for new servers function is broken and just spins its wheels, leaving me only able to join the last 3 countries I successfully accessed.
That wouldn't be so bad except that now the app will start as connected, but with me logged out. The server won't allow me to load any content online, and won't allow me to login with my credentials. And since there is no disconnect button - it will spin its wheels, not allowing me to login, which is required to access the "disconnect" button. So literally the only way to disconnect is to remove the extension entirely and reinstall.
May I suggest a disconnect button be added, whether or not a person is logged in? *please?*
Don't get me started on iOS, tech support tells me it's working fine and have stopped answering my e-mails, I've had to remove it from my phone otherwise it takes my phone over 90 seconds to access any data through vpn every time I unlock my phone.
(Just to clarify, for many years all of these funtions on all platforms worked FLAWLESSLY. Like a dream. I'm hanging in there with you because of your glory days Nord)
You were the king Nord, we were a dream team, what happened? I'm not switching until I literally have to due to functionality - it disappoints me that such a thing has gone from looking absurd as of 2018, to almost inevitable in 2020.Hello. Sorry to hear that you've experienced issues while using our service. We'd ask you to update your review with the Ticket ID that you've received after contacting our customers' support team, for us to check how was your inquiry handled on our end and escalate the matter afterward. Thank you!
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 15413734, 3 years agoWhile it works it's great, however most of the time after logging in I'm unable to change servers when one of them becomes slow leaving me with only the quick connect to the server I used last.Hello. Do update your browser and reinstall our extension afterward. In case the issue persists regardless, drop a line to our customers' support team, for them to provide you further assistance on its resolve. You may reach our team out at support.nordvpn.com.
- Rated 2 out of 5by bm, 3 years agoPretty buggy. Get logged out, or not able to log in, or it just keeps searching for servers, or just stops responding altogether. Needs work. Less ads, more devs!Hello. Do try updating your browser - reinstalling our extension afterward to see whether the issue that you're currently experiencing persists. In case it does regardless, drop a line to our customers' support team regarding further assistance on its resolve at support.nordvpn.com.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Jul, 3 years agoIt works 10% of time. I connect on a server, and when itwants i can surf on the web, but 90% of the time nothing loads.
I had already uninstall 5 times, disconnected and reconnected thousand times, it doesn't changes anything.Hello. It would be great if you'd contact our customers' support team, for them to check what could be causing the issue that you're currently experiencing and provide you with assistance on its resolve afterward. You may reach our team out at support.nordvpn.com. Thank you!
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 14505724, 4 years agoNo Server selection options...which means if you connect to a sucking server it's unlucky of you :) Dunno why recently I have to log in every time when I open my firefox... Every time I ask NORDVPN support team all I get is : there's nothing to help. This app is an orphan. All you can do is to pray for someday it will be fixed automatically or get back to the NORD app and make your whole system on VPN which is annoying enough since some apps are not working under vpn status!
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 15166779, 4 years agoIt's working on chrome but not on firefoxHello. It'd be great if you could contact our customers' support team while specifying the exact issue that you have experienced, for them to check what could have caused it. You may reach our team out at support.nord-help.com.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Aleksei Bekh-Ivanov, 4 years agoDidn't have usability issues, but found that traffic is not encrypted between my machine and the service if a request it using an IP like http://18.104.22.168/login. I can see all my plain HTTP traffic in Wireshark. It seems to not be proxied.
Looks like a major flaw as soon as it claims to give privacy.
Version used: 2.12.4
PS: Extension in Chrome seems to work just fine in this sense.
For those whom may concern: if you are ready to sacrifice usability to solve this issue you can use another Firefox proxy extension and set up HTTPS proxy there using one of the NordVPN hosts and port 89. This will use encrypted channel
- Rated 2 out of 5by Olle Bonk, 4 years agoWorks but too basic. Needs further improvement i.e. remebering previous connections.Hello. We do appreciate your feedback, and may assure you that additional functionality regarding servers selection on our extension is indeed in our roadmap.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 14691394, 4 years agoThe interface is really slow (10s to take an action into account), and lack of option (can't choose the server, only a country).Hello. We do appreciate your feedback and will forward it for consideration. As well, additional functionality regarding servers' selection is indeed in our roadmap, however, no ETA for now on its implementation. As of slow interface, it would be best if you'd drop a line to our customers' support team, for them to check whether any other extension or service ain't interfering our Proxy Extension's functionality. You may reach our team out at support.nordvpn.com.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 14470441, 4 years agoI would not stay on, as it turned itself off often. Now, it won't even turn on. Not sure why,Our apologies for that. Could you find time to add some details on this issue via email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can work this out.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 13723667, 4 years agoMost of the time I can only connect for about 10 or 15 mins before I have to discount and reconnect b/c the VPN stops working to use it. Most of time it stops allowing me out of the network and I can't do anything with it. I just turn it off. Most of time its pointless I have a membership and it does not work.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 14408494, 4 years agoDoesnt work correctly with firefox atm. Regardless how often you change your location it snaps back to some location you used the first time. Sites wont load 90% of the time with the plugin running, using the Nord VPN software no issue can be found. Right now i wouldnt advice using it over the NordVPN software.