- Rated 5 out of 5Revival? https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=603757
- Rated 1 out of 5incompatible with "Nightly Testing" versions
- Rated 5 out of 55* as it was good while it lasted =D
This add-on is not going to be updated anymore, see
For add-on compatibility use Mozilla's "Add-on Compatibility Reporter" https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/15003/
If you need this for newer nightly builds, there's been some attempts at compatibility, see https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search/?q=nightly+tester+tools
If you think you can do better, grab the source and hack, source code at http://hg.oxymoronical.com/extensions/NightlyTesterTools/
- Rated 5 out of 5I think it compliments the official addon well. Here's a full feature list from this plugin's official webiste:
This is a list of features in Nightly Tester Tools. Since the extension is designed for multiple applications some features will not be available in all apps. The primary application I develop for is Firefox so everything should be there, where a feature isn’t in an app then I’ll try to note it here but if you think not mentioned something then please let me know.
NTT provides useful tools for testers trying to use extensions that claim to be incompatible with the nightly builds.
Mark a disabled extension as compatible with the current build
Get easy access to the setting to automatically allow all incompatible extensions
NTT can modify the titlebar to show almost any information about the build you are running. By default it displays the current build ID but it can be customised to display the profile you are using, the application version, the locale, the list is quite extensive.
When you’re testing a build, one of the key pieces of information that lets you find regression range and compare bugs with other testers is the application’s build ID. NTT provides the following options:
Copy build ID to clipboard
Enter build ID into the current textbox
Add a toolbar button for copying the build ID to the current textbox
NTT has the functionality to take a screenshot of any window open in the application.
Take screenshot on timer
Crop screenshot to only show the area you need
Save as jpeg or png
Upload direct to Imageshack
Ever had a session crash Firefox but you couldn’t restore it because one of the tabs is a definite crasher. This new feature allows you to start without restoring your session then pop up a list of the previous session and choose which tabs to restore. Currently under development and if you have any suggestions for the UI then please contact me.
Every nightly tester knows that nightly build crash. Breakpad is essential for analysing those crashes and identifying whether bugs are already filed or need to be.
Displays recent incidents in quick to access menu
Displays all incidents in a sidebar
The leak guage script is built into NTT. Simply open the leak reporter and tell it where to find your leak log file and you get a full display of leak information.
Toggle what kinds of leaks to display
Highlights leaking objects as they are used
- Rated 1 out of 5Tester tools isn't compatible with test version of Firefox. Funny...
- Rated 4 out of 5Love that I can Install normally incompatible Add-ons, But please get rid of the Warning when Someone tries to do so.
- Rated 5 out of 5Use the official addon: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/15003/
- Rated 2 out of 5Make it compatible with 4.0!
- Rated 5 out of 5ok, as i promised
- Rated 4 out of 5I have updated it to work with Firefox 4.0 Beta; the page is https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/196164/
- Rated 1 out of 5same here :) fix it for 4 please and i will change my rating
- Rated 1 out of 5um... where do i start...
ALL YOU DO IS UPDATE VERSIONS
AND IT STILL DOESN""T WORK FOR FF4.0B2!!!
HOW CAN I FIX COMPATIBILITY THIS EXTENSION ISN'T COMPATIBLE EITHER!!! FIX IT TO 4.0 AND I WILL GO TO 4 STARS.
bye bye :D
- Rated 5 out of 5... SO close!
- Rated 5 out of 5will you make it available for firefox 4.0b2pre?
- Rated 5 out of 5Think, maybe, Mossop, the dev, might actually be aware that FF has a new version out, and could do without a constant drone of "Please update"?
"... Those with a sharp memory will remember that I said just under 2 years ago that I was ceasing work on my extensions in my spare time. I suggested that Nightly Tester Tools might still receive the odd update but obviously that hasn’t happened and the truth is that I can’t see it happening anytime soon. I’m too busy with that whole real life thing to even be able to work on projects I do enjoy, let alone maintain old stuff that no longer really interests me. ..."
- Rated 4 out of 5Please release it for "Firefox 4.0 beta" as well.
- Rated 4 out of 5Please make upward compatible (3.7.6pre and higher)!
- Rated 4 out of 5Can you add 3.7.6pre oder higher please.
- Rated 2 out of 5Great tool, until it stopped working with nightly builds!
- Rated 1 out of 5missing override all compatibility in 3.7a5pre
- Rated 3 out of 5when will it work with Minefield 3.7a6pre?
- Rated 5 out of 5Great for testing new releases as well as for installing extensions that work but haven't been yet marked as compatible.
- Rated 5 out of 5Firefox 3.7a6pre, doesn't work....
- Rated 5 out of 5Firefox 3.7a6pre, doesn't work....
- Rated 5 out of 5Firefox 3.7a5 works fine