- by Rob, 12 days agoRated 5 out of 5Must be really hard coping with the idea that alternative media sites aren't credible. A lot of times they just take stripped out information from mainstream sources and present it with a partisan bend. Anyone who's smart enough to investigate the stories these sites report and gather all the relevant information pertaining to it will quickly understand that alternative media is full of shit.
- by michaelrl100, 2 months agoRated 1 out of 5Anti independent, anti conservative censorship that has cut off access to web services for media the neocons and neolibs don't like. Partnered with Microsoft and embedded in Edge for Android and likely desktop as well. We're not even talking about radical right wing sites - we're talking about simple right wing non neocon sites being censored for having a different position. Reminds me of the orginal cancel culture in the Soviet Union. Also it's proprietary and who knows what it does? Wouldn't trust it.
- by Firefox user 14433634, 4 months agoRated 1 out of 5L'apice dell'apoteosi del pensiero unico. Tutte le testate giornalistiche "allineate" al Politically Correct sono al top della valutazione. Di contro, quelle "cattive", sono sbattute in basso. Vorrà dire qualcosa?
- by Codecharmer, 5 months agoRated 1 out of 5Wow seriously can't believe this has 3.5/5 (5/21) - People should seriously look at this page of theirs FIRST: https://www.newsguardtech.com/special-report-2020-lists/
- Then if you agree to all that nonsense and want to live like the audience staring at a screen like the book 1984, where big bother tells you what to watch, read, act, speak with, speak about, what to think, and when to think it. Well this will be the perfect app for you! This isn't fact checking, science checking, or bias checking - it is manipulation by a group think opinion of THE PRESS - and does anyone trust the reporters of the PRESS these days???
- by Tom, 7 months agoRated 5 out of 5I am very impressed by the ratings, which are well-researched and explained for each outlet, with sources to back up the findings. I find the plugin very useful when I encounter an unfamiliar news outlet. The ratings are pretty much non-partisan, so as long as you are not a conspiracy theorist, they should sit well. A good rating still does not mean you should believe everything you read, of course!
- by Vader, 8 months agoRated 4 out of 5Don't jump directly based on its rating. Instead use the additional details it provides to form an opinion. It highlights what various news outlets do well and what they don't.
This doesn't seem left or right leaning but it will definitely annoy those that are blindly left or right leaning.
I'd give it 5 stars if had details on more news outlets and I'm referring to major international publishers that have not been rated yet.
- by Nguyen, a year agoRated 5 out of 5NewsGuard fact-checks information thoroughly. For people who say, "this tends to lean left," or anything similar, the simple reason is that most news on the right are just false news designed to fed humans with pea-size brain.
- by Firefox user 16148415, a year agoRated 1 out of 5Die Idee ist durchaus gut, aber ein Unternehmen, dass primär Geld verdienen will und wichtige Informationen hinter einer Bezahlschranke setzt, ist nicht wirklich vertrauenswürdig.