- by Firefox user 13840107, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Just a little issue... When you click on new tab, this add-on does not focus on the address bar like firefox behavior.
It's little annoying. It still a great add-on that does the job.
- by maesehn, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5It's really nice but there are some problems: it's sad that the extension doesn't load at Firefox startup (the built-in New Tab loads as if there is no extension to replace it). The settings window is a mess, it's really hard to add or modify tiles, it would be better if the user can add and modify them directly in the New Tab page. Also, local files don't load (maybe it's a Quantum limitation?)
- by andrewstas, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5I am very happy this works on FF57, thank you!
However, I am facing a small issue. When I create a new tab then the desired page, as modified with this addon, appears. On the other hand, when I open the page about:newtab then the default firefox newtab page opens like if I did not have this addon installed. What is the page I should set to the browser.startup.homepage in about:config in order to open the modified newtab page as per this addon when I press the home button?
- by Inca22, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Elle remplace très bien mon ancienne application qui ne fonctionne plus avec FF57 malheureusement.
Y est il prévu une option afin de pouvoir ouvrir les favoris ainsi créé dans un autre onglet au lieu de remplacer la page des favoris.
La seule solution que j'ai trouvé et de faire un clic droit et de choisir dans le menu contextuel ce qui n'est pas très pratique en tout cas pour l'utilisation que j'en ai.
- by Firefox user 13458680, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5This is a great add-on that compliments Firefox well. Thank you to Geoff Lankow for developing it. To those who are having trouble with the "Capture Thumbnail" feature I had a couple of sites that weren't displaying thumbnails automatically. This is the procedure I followed to capture the thumbnails.
1. Open the new tab page and left click a tile without a thumbnail.
2. Go back to the new tab page, delete the tile and close the new tab page.
3. Go back to the tab displaying the page and apply the "Capture Thumbnail" function.
4. On the same page as (3) above apply the "Pin to the New Tab page" function.
5. Open the new tab page and the tile should be there with its thumbnail.
There may be other variants of this procedure that also work.
Regards to all.
- by Sentinenel, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Its a great add-on that works effectively. For those who are tired seeing the default new tab page of firefox, you must try this add-on. It has lots of customization. I just hope that the developers can add a feature that makes the new tab tools the default page when the browser starts.
- by Firefox user 6328373, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5"IT HAS EXPORT FUNCTION! OPEN ADDON FROM ADDONS PAGE AND YOU SEE EXPORT/IMPORT OPTION, FFS."
Calm down, my version has no export/import function. Neither on main settings nor at the Add-on page.
NewTabTools 84.1 FF 56
BTW, Firefox has an inbuilt screenshot app.