- by Firefox user 15037318, 2 days agoRated 5 out of 5TO THE DEVELOPER:
---There is a problem, the current thumbnail images do not show at all. So you end up with grey rectangles instead of a rectangle with the current thumbnail image!
It seems to correct itself when I click on the grey thumbnail then I see the current image BUT it is not a the current thumbnail image that is immediately recognizable and therefore much better than the image shown when you click on the grey rectangle.
If you could allow to show the current thumbnail image like it is shown on the original new tab, that would be much better I believe.
---Allow the Recently Closed Tabs to be located at the top or at the bottom of the page.
Allow also to add 1 or more rows and columns for these Recently Closed Tabs, as I have a 4K 43 inch monitor and I have a lot of space I could say.
Allow also blank lines (1 or more) above or below the Recently Closed Tabs, as currently there is simply no space at all just below the Recently Closed Tabs.
---Just a quick Options where you say something like the following might be necessary. Open a new tab, click at the top right on the icon called Personalize New Tab and select the options that you want to use to customize your new tab page the way you want it.
Just at the beginning, I was kind of lost until I realized that I had to open a new tab to see this Personalize New Tab! If I was lost, so probably quite a few other people are likely to be too.
---A HUGE PROBLEM!!
You might think it is dead easy to add new links on the new tab with your addon? Well, it is a nightmare, really a nightmare. I will explain. For example, I have say 4 rows of links I want that are there. I go to the end on the first row first rectangle from the left to add a new link and it simply does not add it at all!! That is how frustrating it is!!
I have managed by whatever miracle to have a few links that I want to stay on this new tab. But simply adding a few extra, the addon does not let me do this simple procedure!
---It would be much better that you allow, if possible to do, the following feature.
On FF, I have a button called Show sidebars where, when clicked, I see at the left all my bookmarks.
I could have a folder of links that I want to place on the new tab page with your addon. I select them in the folder, do a copy and go to your tab page, select by right-clicking the mouse the option paste and I paste all the selected links onto your new tab page. That dead simple would be a dream.
Many thanks for this addon. It is very good. I particular like the option of being able to put a background photo of your choice.
- by cheeseus, 5 months agoRated 4 out of 5An option I'd like to be added:
– Do not auto-resize the tiles when changing the number of rows and columns or add an option for user-defined size. For example, I want two rows but I don't want them to fill the entire page.
- by listix, a year agoRated 4 out of 5The extension is nice, it allows you to create a nice grid with pages that are visited and you can update their images. However the main problem I had with this extension is how a few things are not self explanatory or some defaults are not there. Basically, I should be able to select a tile under any situation, change where its pointing to, change the image and have it stay that way forever. Everytime I had to setup this extension I run into the same issue. If something manual was done to the tile it should be treated as law and never change that tile again. Maybe add a lock button when customizing a tile would be nice. Still I like this extension a lot and will continue using it.
- by Afzal, a year agoRated 1 out of 5Pretty good extension, even if the UI can do with some work, until recent Firefox update (to V89).
With this extension enabled, on new tab, focus is no longer in URL bar (as it was before update to FF 89), therefore dozens of times a day, I have to type my search query twice. Focus is correctly in url bar on new tab with this extension disabled, so I've disabled it till its fixed, if it ever is.
- by Firefox user 16827931, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Amazing add-on requires a little bit of work to also have it as homepage (seems to be a firefox limitation) but is an excellent replacement for homepage and new tabs.