- by : z :, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5There's currently a conflict between New Tab Override and Open Tabs Next to Current that causes tabs to open two to the right of current only when New Tab Override is enabled. Not sure which extension is to blame, but New Tab Override is working well otherwise.
- by Firefox user 13443510, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5I've used the extensions Open Tab Next to Current and Always Right to open new tabs next the currently active tab. They work fine until New Tab Override is installed. After that, new tabs are opened 2 steps from the current active tab instead of right after. Hope this problem/conflict gets fixed.
Tab Center Redux (Vertical Tabs)
Also wish there was a place to report bugs for New Tab Override instead of using ratings.
- by Carsti29, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Looks okayish, except for local files. You can set locals files, but for whatever reasons they don't respect their CSS. Works on the first tab, not on any other. Might work if the CSS would be inline, but who would want that? Guess it has something to do with local vs. addon-startup path or whatever...You can't use inline CSS.
I don't see a reason why it should work on the first tab and not in others. Please test with a fresh Firefox profile and report an issue on GitHub if the problem still exists.
- by Yin Cognito, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Just like matif525 said below, this addon is almost perfect ... except for the cases when users try the 'Undo close tab' command after opening a new tab. Great work, developer, but you should take a peek at New Tab Page by Openview-Design, cause that addon manages to 'Undo close tab' AND focus the web page instead of the address bar correctly. Too bad I had to check about a half a dozen addons for such a simple functionality that should be provided right out of the box by every browser...
- by matif525, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5This addon is nice, but it leave a blank page in history, so that when you close a page then open a new page, and then undo close tab, will make Firefox open wrong page, not the page you closed. And also all the recently closed pages are all the blank pages if you opened many new pages.
- by Firefox user 12055887, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5the extension works as expected. But newly opened tabs are laggy. I have "about:blank" configured as what is to be shown when opening a new tab. Usually I begin to type in something (url, search) in the address bar immediately after opening a new tab. With this extension this doesn't work anymore. Everything I type in after opening a tab until, say, 1.5s after that gets selected and overwritten.
- by jgdavis, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Works, but really need to figure out how to prevent that annoying WHITE FLASH thats cause by the extention.
I set my NEW TAB background to black using usercontent.css code, but it does not help the flashing.
Is there some way for you to set the background color to the users choice within New Tab Override, and solve the issue?
- by Firefox user 13474078, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5I'm puzzled about how to use it. What I'd like it to do is to open a new tab in the current parent browser whenever I click a link shown in any tab. Please help.
Thanks, Richard Phillips
- by Firefox user 13447104, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5When using any option that places a URL in the address bar of a new tab the address bar gets focused but the text is not selected for writing over. Have to Ctrl-A and type over the URL set for the new tab. Started occurring with the switch to WebExtensions. Pain in the ass.
- Please don't give bad reviews (and only 3 stars are bad!) without saying what's wrong. New Tab Override has a lot of features and all features works without problems. If you need some different option please tell what you're missing. But such a review is useless…
- by Firefox user 13419639, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Is there a possibility to add a new tab as a duplicate (including current page and history) of the current tab? This would be a natural extension of the existing options. I'm kind of missing Tab Mix Plus in this new Firefox...Thank you for your suggestion. It's not possible at the moment, but I can implement this in a future update.
But why only three stars? All features are listed in the description so there is no surprise, the add-on does excatly what it says.
- by Daeyun, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Seems to causes a slight delay (0.1 seconds?) after opening a new tab, until the address bar becomes available for typing.
- by MAX, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5I when Internet surfing use the add-on "Fast dial". A link on the home page looks "chrome://fastdial/content/fastdial.html". This addition automatically substitutes "Https://.." which makes loading the starting URL is impossible.