- Rated 4 out of 5Running 14.0.2 and the new tab continually reloads.
What I want is a blank new page, with the focus on the page instead of the address bar.
thnxabout:preferences:#home - you don't need an add-on at all for a blank new tab page.
about:blank is not a valid URL and can no longer be supported in New Tab Override. But it's not necessary because Firefox has a visible option.
- Rated 4 out of 5It seems the Add-on also overrides tabs that are reopened via the "re-open closed tab" functionality. At least sometimes or if the tab in question was closed for more than a few seconds. Otherwise it is a very good and handy add-on.
- Rated 5 out of 5Loved it but it stopped working immediately after updating to 14.0.1. "Custom url" opens a blank page, "current homepage" infinitely reloads empty tab.
edit: thanks, working now
- Rated 4 out of 5Stopped working since last update, it always focuses on webpage now even if we ask it to focus on the URL bar.
- Rated 4 out of 5I liked this add-on, but it doesn't work anymore since updating Firefox to version 61.0 . what should i do?
- Rated 5 out of 5Super Funktionen!
- Rated 1 out of 5It does not work for a new window (I want a blank page instead thumbnails)
- Rated 5 out of 5Very Good! Dunno if it helps for select the full URL of a new tab I do it:
- must be configured to put cursor on beginning of URL bar
- click on + (open new tab) and automatically focus on this new tab
- click on another tab (any one opened)
- click back on new tab (that was opened) and URL is full selected
- Rated 3 out of 5Sorry for the earlier mess-up, I wasn't familiar with how this review system works. I assumed that if a developer responded to a review, you could then respond to that response, but it appears not!
I just want to confirm that New Tab Override, if it's configured to open "about:blank" as a new tab, should produce the same result when clicking the "+" button on the tab bar as entering "about:blank" in the address bar and pressing "enter" does.
At the moment it doesn't seem to produce the same result. Is this by design? Thanks, Dave.
EDIT: Thanks Sören, that certainly explains the change of behaviour. It's unfortunate that my extension to automatically close empty pages does not now treat the empty pages generated by New Tab Override as it did before, but that's obviously not your fault! I've tried the about:config change, but unfortunately that seems to result in a new tab being the home page, not an empty blank tab, so it's not ideal either, but again not your problem! Many thanks again, cheers, Dave.There was a change in Firefox 60 with the result that about:blank is no longer usable as new tab page for WebExtensions. I don't know if this was a intended change or a side effect of another change, a bug. But the only thing I was able to do was to implement a workaround so that a empty new tab still works - even if there are differences to about:blank in the tab / address bar.
But if you really want an empty new tab you can change browser.newtabpage.enabled in about:config to false and you don't need an add-on at all.
- Rated 4 out of 5Very nice. I ended up removing it because it will often add the default "new tab" page to the URL after I start typing, which I found frustrating. If it could somehow stop trying to load the default URL when the user is typing a new one it would be nice.
- Rated 3 out of 5Clashes with extensions such as "Open Tabs Next to Current", making a new tab appear two tabs to the right instead of just to the right. Also lots of flashing of the tab bar when opening a new tab.
If the conflict with "Open Tabs Next to Current" could be solved, it would be great.
- Rated 5 out of 5Still Now ,It's do nice work!
- Rated 1 out of 5Warning: if you post a negative review, the developer may call you a "stupid troll" and have your review deleted. What a shameful abuse of power.
Users deserve to know that other new tab add-ons exist, some of which may offer better UX and memory efficiency. Since this one is currently the most popular, it has the greatest responsibility to keep its reviews impartial. A review system is meaningless if only positive reviews are permitted.
I did not employ hate speech in my review, nor did I resort to personal attacks, nor violate any other terms of the Review Guidelines. So much for Mozilla supporting free speech...
- Rated 1 out of 5Sorry folks but this isn't good at all, bloated with features nobody wants and look at all the permisions it needs!!
Set up and manage my own web server just for a new tab page? Really? Those 130,000 people must be to lazy to find a good addon, or they have it disabled (instructions actually say just disable it don't uninstall)
Trust me folks, this needs ALOT of work!!
- Rated 5 out of 5Extension is discribed exactly as what I was looking for. Instructions seem clear, although when the process advanced to html, prepending, html file storage, while at the same time providing less detail, it had moved to areas that I have no experience with. Interesting read none the less
- Rated 5 out of 5excellent! 12 on a scale of 1 - 10. i don't understand why firefox doesn't allow this by default. thanks, very much, for developing and posting this add-on.
note: i *thought* i posted this review in march, but now i don't see it, am reposting