Review by Gl1tch
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13552953, 14 days agoWhy this extension works only for New Tab (not for New Window)?
- Rated 1 out of 5by Kay, a month agoSet a dark new tab page, for some reason during the already sluggish feeling redirect, the extension flashbangs my eyes with a wall of white every time. Seemingly no option to change that, doesn't happen when redirecting an existing tab to the wanted page, nor with other new tab apps.
Edit: Sad to see the dev rage at the review instead of fixing the issue - I'd have been happy to change the review had my issues been fixed (or one of them, to merit a change at least), now I'm just highly motivated to find a way to turn reply updates off and never touch the extension again. I get you're likely underpaid or not paid at all for this, but neither am I paid to be your bug tester.
Yes, I think I'll use the review function how it's meant to be used, to notify people who look at the reviews about the app's downsides.
I have nothing against you personally. The extension was frustrating and a waste of time to try to make work as desired, which I nonetheless believed I could do because of the numerous high reviews. My experience didn't reflect that. The statistical point of user reviews isn't to rate 5 stars because while it sucked for me it might work for other people - I'm sure it does.
Developer responseposted a month agoSo the add-on works in general and there is only a visual annoyance for you, nothing else. And still you think instead of reporting an issue to me so that I can investigate and try to fix it you should rate this add-on with the worst rating that is possible. Bummer. Very frustrating for developers who spend their spare time to offer free extensions to other users.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17775966, 2 months agodoesn't let you use the firefox homepage as the new tab pageThis is neither possible for a WebExtension nor necessary. It's a built-in feature of Firefo to use the Firefox home page as new tab page. Therefore it's inappropriate to give a bad rating for this add-on.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 16897516, 2 months agoI have been a Start.Me user for longer than I can remember and am delighted to have this added to Firefox...thank you.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Ericb45696, 2 months agoFor whatever reason it did not play well with my other add ons , or something, because all I could get it to do was change my home page to a blank page, no URL whatsoever. Played around with the Firefox settings as well as the add ons but had to uninstall to fix it. Bummer. I would be such an easy fix for Firefox to implement it seems, but apparently it is super difficult or impossible, wheeeeeeeee :))) Edit: hey, it's gonna be OK . If you take these too seriously it's gonna knock years off your life. I did not like your app and it did not work for me, enough so that I gave a review. it's not the end of the world. And no, the problem still exists when I turn off all my other add ons and only use this one. I'm sure plenty love it and it works fine for them. I still blame Mozilla for an issue they have known about for years. Lighten up Francis :)So your problems only exist with OTHER ADD-ONS and still you give a bad rating for my add-on? That makes no sense at all. Also, I got NO errror report from you that something doesn't work and still you think a bad rating is the way to get it solved? To use your word: Bummer…
- Rated 3 out of 5by Woodsy, 2 months agoGood concept, have used in the past but removed for now. As others have noted, it opens the New Tab settings page rather than the selected New Tab. Also, removing the add-on didn't work.
Update to reply to developer response: "New Tabe Override still works." I'm giving you feedback that it doesn't, I could give you more information (Firefox on Dell laptop running Win 10 etc.) but a blanket response like that is odd. Why would I bother leaving this comment if I'd not had an issue?
To clarify "removing the add-on didn't work" in response to your answer - I just clicked on the remove button and the removal path (menus etc.) appeared but the add on was still present on Firefox. I did this a couple of times before it eventually went. Other add-ons have been successfully removed first time. I mentioned this because it seemed like useful feedback, I'm not smart enough to either develop apps or know whether it's possible for them to have an issue that can interfere with the removal process, although I have worked alongside software testers for enough years to believe that all kinds of unexpected behaviours can sometimes occur with software, so any feedback is usually useful in case the issue is a defect that impacts others, rather than just a temporary glitch or problem with the machine or browser.
It certainly could be something broken on my system, I'll be on the look out for any other apps not removing properly, thanks for the tip.New Tab Override still works. If it's not even possible for you to remove the add-on then it's clear that something is really broken on your system. And something like that can't be caused by New Tab Override. That's not possible at all.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 17751751, 2 months agoDoes not load external css when used with local file due to firefox security limitations
- Rated 5 out of 5by Skeptic, 2 months agoI've been using this extension for a while and haven't had any problems. In fact, I consider it as essential. Very simple to use.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 17738168, 2 months agoabsolut unverzichtbar bei jeder Neuinstallation!
- Rated 5 out of 5by 170fin, 3 months agoGreat APP but...
A couple of months ago after a Firefox update (IDK around the 100 update or so?) if I want to reopen closed tabs I cannot do so if I first open a new tab.
All that will 'reopen' will be new tabs.
It will reopen previously closed tabs otherwise, so it isn't a problem if as long as one remembers the bug.
Are you aware of this? - To developer.
Appreciate your time & indeed your App, TY.