- by Firefox user 15882239, 2 months agoRated 5 out of 5I favor this addon over New Tab Override because it opens moz-extension:// pages without any trouble. It's more popular alternative acts "smart" and adds unnecessary http:// in front of inner extension pages, thus making them unopenable.
- by Bart Read, 3 months agoRated 1 out of 5It works in that it will load my specified homepage on new tabs, which is great, but it has a really annoying address bar bug/behaviour that means I'm going to have to uninstall it.
As expected the address bar on the new tab has input focus. I'd therefore expect the text of the homepage URL to be selected so that, when I start typing a new address or search term, the homepage URL is replaced with whatever I type.
What actually happens is that the caret is placed at the start of the address so that when I type I'm pre-pending text to my homepage URL. I.e., I end up with:
This is obviously garbage that is interpreted as a search term when I hit return, and leads to garbage results.
The only way to avoid this is to hit CTRL+A to do a select all on the text and then start typing or hit delete *every time I open a new tab*.
As I say, I'm going to uninstall because it does this every time I open a new tab, which is incredibly irritating.
- by Firefox user 16273138, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Quando si apre una nuova scheda non si può digitare una ricerca senza dover cancellare ogni volta l'indirizzo impostato per la nuova scheda, prima funzionava adesso con la nuova versione di Firefox è cambiato qualcosa
- by Firefox user 16092156, a year agoRated 5 out of 5I've been frustrated with the new tab setting in Firefox for a long time. I just stumbled on this add-on and it is exactly what I wanted. Click the + to open a new tab and I get my home page. Just as it should be!
- by Firefox user 15502123, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5I used to use the New Tab Override (by Sören Hentzschel). But, Firefox added Security measures which made this Extension obsolete... :(
I was SO HAPPY When I tried this: New Tab Homepage -by Ben Basson !!!
Note: Unfortunately, As far as I know - It can't load or use a local file/custom HTML. (Sorry, people...) It also hasn't been "Recommended" by firefox - Yet... But hopefully it will be, in the near future.
I Use Google as My Homepage, & this extension works perfectly for that...
I simply click on the [+] for a New Tab, & my cursor is already in the Google Search bar! YAY !!!
I Hope This review Helps others in their search for a simple "New Tab Extention"! :)