Rated 3.8 out of 5
3.8 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 14253689, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5The "Continue Watching" and "My List" is added to the top, and the prevention of autoplay works for the home screen (netflix.com/browse) as advertised, I kind of wish the same would apply when searching, either manually or through categories.
Also, although rather insignificant, the previews on the home screen still sometimes play for about 1 second before stopping.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoHi,
I recently published version 1.0.13 which should more thoroughly squash the rollover previews that happen within the lists. Give the upgraded extension a shot and let me know if it's working better now, and if not feel free to reach out via the extension source code repository issues page (https://github.com/andrewbrey/netflix-tweaked/issues).
- by Firefox user 12967254, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Previews autostart, my list is somewhere in the middle, in short: does nothing it says it does.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoHey NOVW,
Would you mind checking which version of the extension you have installed? I recently published a new version of it (1.0.13) that is significantly more tolerant of the ways that Netflix's code fights to keep the lists and previews how they designed it. It should work much better - if you're not on the latest version, please upgrade and give it another shot and if your issues still persist, please feel free to reach out via the extensions source code repository issues page (https://github.com/andrewbrey/netflix-tweaked/issues).
- by Firefox user 13449184, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5So, the only reason I haven't given this extension a 1 star is because I actually love it! It does exactly what it says it does...but bear with me....it has a huge problem for me. It breaks the 'mute tab' function of firefox, which won't allow me to mute other tabs. Even tabs that aren't Netflix. Since I use this function very frequently, I can't recommend this add on without an update. I'll be waiting patiently, because this is a great idea. This bug just ruins it for me. Thanks for the hard work though.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoEDIT: Hi Nano, just wanted to give you a heads up that I just updated the addon (now version 1.0.10) to resolve your issue. I confirmed that it was indeed Firefox that was the source of the issue, but regardless I've made changes that should ensure your ability to use the "Mute Tab" function of the browser is not inhibited. Give it another shot and it should be working as desired now.
This is a very interesting issue you've found and I did just try it out and observe exactly what you reported. I opened a bug report against the code repository (https://github.com/andrewbrey/netflix-tweaked/issues/10) that you can follow along with to see when this is resolved.
Just as a bit of added information, my best guess at this point is that this is Firefox's fault and not actually the Netflix Tweaked code, but I will try to find a solution that preserves the addon behavior while not falling subject to this Firefox bug.
- by Firefox user 14159147, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5The first version I tried was slow and the Continue Watching/My List sections displayed at incorrect position. However after a quick update with the author, the extension works much faster and those two lists are on top as advertised.
Five stars for the quality and response from author.
- by Firefox user 14155402, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5D̶o̶e̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶e̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶s̶t̶i̶c̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶l̶o̶w̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶t̶e̶g̶o̶r̶i̶e̶s̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶l̶o̶a̶d̶i̶n̶g̶.̶ ̶P̶e̶r̶h̶a̶p̶s̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶r̶o̶n̶g̶.̶
Works great now.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoEDIT: Hey, I wanted to follow up on this and let you know that yesterday I put out an update that made the reliability of the extension improve significantly for Firefox users. If you want to give it another shot, hopefully your issues are resolved now!
Sorry you were having trouble with the add-on. The delay in loading your lists is necessary because the code has to wait for all of your lists to fully load so that the process of re-ordering them is not immediately overwritten by Netflix's own website code. The exact time this takes is primarily dependent on your network speed, so a slower connection will cause this process to take longer.
If you file a bug report here: https://github.com/andrewbrey/netflix-tweaked/issues I can take a look and hopefully address any particular circumstances that might be affecting your machine.