- by Firefox user 12938691, a year agoRated 5 out of 5I was really hopeful cuz the auto trailers drive me nuts. The version I have downloaded is 2.0.1. Sadly it does nothing. The trailers start playing w/i seconds. I can't start a video because the play icon is 99% covered by the next row of titles. My list is not at the top, the continuing watching list is. I've run it on both Firefox and Chrome. I'm wondering if the program may be caused by Adguard which I run on both browsers. I'm hopeful you might have some suggestions because I envy the 5 stars people who love the add-in. I want to be one of them too. The concept is first-rate. Thanks for any ideas you might have. I give One Star as my review.
UPDATE: I'm sure it was nothing you did, but after submitting the review I went to Netflix and the trailers did NOT auto play. Could it have been that I was not logged into my Firefox account? In order to post the above review I was required to log into "my account" and figured it must be referring to my Firefox account. Whatever the cause, I'm changing my rating from 1-5. App works perfectly (except my list isn't at the top, but the second one from the top - which is fine with me.)
- by Firefox user 15163008, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5this is a gd incredible extension. like other reviewers said, it makes netflix's (previously super stressful) page usable again
there are some very minor issues (sometimes text overlaps weirdly and is hard to read, occasionally my list isn't at the top) but they pale in comparison to how awful the site is without the add-on. thank you so much dude
- by -ViRuS-, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Does a good job of making the first advert static and moving my list and continue watching lists up under it.
Also can click a show/movie and still see a preveiw if wanted, useful for seeing if something is dubbed or subtitled, (i don't do subtitles).
Now It seems netflix likes to add another full size advert for something further down the page to annoy you when searching round for something new. Fix this and its a five star add-on i'd happily pay for.
Now all banner adverts are disabled. Alas it seems so are the "mouse over" trailers i use for sub title preveiws, but i read your also working on this for the future. I look forward to seeing any new developments. Star added and a small donation sent.
- by Sassy-Chan, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5This is the nicest addon for Netflix. Moving the Continue watching and my list to the top is convenient and useful. While stopping the autoplay banner ad (that's always some pre-teen or innapropiate for familys shows) from playing.
4/5 because you can't play the shows mouse over trailers while using this addon but the developer has said they have features like this planned.Hey Sassy-Chan,
Yes, by design currently I have the extension blocking all of the trailers. In the newest version (2.0.1) which I just released, I've done a preparatory step required to allow users to choose which "types" of trailers they still want to be allowed (which for you sounds like the mouse-over ones). I don't quite know when I'll have the time to get to the final step of implementing that, but it is coming eventually!
- by Firefox user 14541523, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5As of Janurary 2019, this extension works perfectly. No more pre-teen romance and terrible show ads autoplaying on the home page. The mouse-over preview play is also blocked.
Thank you Fluencyy for fixing the cesspool Netflix has become
- by WStegem, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5Doesn't function. Probably not completely the developer's fault - Netflix hates people using their service in any way they deem to not be the correct way. Thank you for trying.Hi WStegem, could you elaborate on what functionality is not working for you? I can can try to address any recent changes on Netflix side that may have rendered the add-on ineffective for you.
- by FhantomPhreak, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Stops the banner trailer at top from playing.
Kinda stops the roll-over trailers, it plays maybe half a second of it. Damn good effort though, look forward to future versions where this is sorted fully (no more half-second of trailer).
"Continue Watching for..." is always at the top of the page followed by "My List".Hey FhantomPhreak,
I recently published an update that should more properly handle the rollover previews as well (version 1.0.13). Check out the upgrade to see if it solves your problems, and if so don't hesitate to change your review :P (and of course, if not, please feel free to contact me via the extension code repository issues page https://github.com/andrewbrey/netflix-tweaked/issues)