Rated 4.1 out of 5
4.1 Stars out of 5
by WStegem, a year ago
Rated 2 out of 5
Doesn't function. Probably not completely the developer's fault - Netflix hates people using their service in any way they deem to not be the correct way. Thank you for trying.
Hi WStegem, could you elaborate on what functionality is not working for you? I can can try to address any recent changes on Netflix side that may have rendered the add-on ineffective for you.
- by Firefox user 12938691, 2 months agoRated 5 out of 5I was really hopeful cuz the auto trailers drive me nuts. The version I have downloaded is 2.0.1. Sadly it does nothing. The trailers start playing w/i seconds. I can't start a video because the play icon is 99% covered by the next row of titles. My list is not at the top, the continuing watching list is. I've run it on both Firefox and Chrome. I'm wondering if the program may be caused by Adguard which I run on both browsers. I'm hopeful you might have some suggestions because I envy the 5 stars people who love the add-in. I want to be one of them too. The concept is first-rate. Thanks for any ideas you might have. I give One Star as my review.
UPDATE: I'm sure it was nothing you did, but after submitting the review I went to Netflix and the trailers did NOT auto play. Could it have been that I was not logged into my Firefox account? In order to post the above review I was required to log into "my account" and figured it must be referring to my Firefox account. Whatever the cause, I'm changing my rating from 1-5. App works perfectly (except my list isn't at the top, but the second one from the top - which is fine with me.)
- by Firefox user 15163008, 8 months agoRated 5 out of 5this is a gd incredible extension. like other reviewers said, it makes netflix's (previously super stressful) page usable again
there are some very minor issues (sometimes text overlaps weirdly and is hard to read, occasionally my list isn't at the top) but they pale in comparison to how awful the site is without the add-on. thank you so much dude
- by -ViRuS-, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Does a good job of making the first advert static and moving my list and continue watching lists up under it.
Also can click a show/movie and still see a preveiw if wanted, useful for seeing if something is dubbed or subtitled, (i don't do subtitles).
Now It seems netflix likes to add another full size advert for something further down the page to annoy you when searching round for something new. Fix this and its a five star add-on i'd happily pay for.
Now all banner adverts are disabled. Alas it seems so are the "mouse over" trailers i use for sub title preveiws, but i read your also working on this for the future. I look forward to seeing any new developments. Star added and a small donation sent.
- by Sassy-Chan, a year agoRated 4 out of 5This is the nicest addon for Netflix. Moving the Continue watching and my list to the top is convenient and useful. While stopping the autoplay banner ad (that's always some pre-teen or innapropiate for familys shows) from playing.
4/5 because you can't play the shows mouse over trailers while using this addon but the developer has said they have features like this planned.Hey Sassy-Chan,
Yes, by design currently I have the extension blocking all of the trailers. In the newest version (2.0.1) which I just released, I've done a preparatory step required to allow users to choose which "types" of trailers they still want to be allowed (which for you sounds like the mouse-over ones). I don't quite know when I'll have the time to get to the final step of implementing that, but it is coming eventually!
- by Firefox user 14541523, a year agoRated 5 out of 5As of Janurary 2019, this extension works perfectly. No more pre-teen romance and terrible show ads autoplaying on the home page. The mouse-over preview play is also blocked.
Thank you Fluencyy for fixing the cesspool Netflix has become
- by FhantomPhreak, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Stops the banner trailer at top from playing.
Kinda stops the roll-over trailers, it plays maybe half a second of it. Damn good effort though, look forward to future versions where this is sorted fully (no more half-second of trailer).
"Continue Watching for..." is always at the top of the page followed by "My List".Hey FhantomPhreak,
I recently published an update that should more properly handle the rollover previews as well (version 1.0.13). Check out the upgrade to see if it solves your problems, and if so don't hesitate to change your review :P (and of course, if not, please feel free to contact me via the extension code repository issues page https://github.com/andrewbrey/netflix-tweaked/issues)
- by Firefox user 14253689, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5The "Continue Watching" and "My List" is added to the top, and the prevention of autoplay works for the home screen (netflix.com/browse) as advertised, I kind of wish the same would apply when searching, either manually or through categories.
Also, although rather insignificant, the previews on the home screen still sometimes play for about 1 second before stopping.Hi,
I recently published version 1.0.13 which should more thoroughly squash the rollover previews that happen within the lists. Give the upgraded extension a shot and let me know if it's working better now, and if not feel free to reach out via the extension source code repository issues page (https://github.com/andrewbrey/netflix-tweaked/issues).
- by Firefox user 12967254, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Previews autostart, my list is somewhere in the middle, in short: does nothing it says it does.Hey NOVW,
Would you mind checking which version of the extension you have installed? I recently published a new version of it (1.0.13) that is significantly more tolerant of the ways that Netflix's code fights to keep the lists and previews how they designed it. It should work much better - if you're not on the latest version, please upgrade and give it another shot and if your issues still persist, please feel free to reach out via the extensions source code repository issues page (https://github.com/andrewbrey/netflix-tweaked/issues).
- by Firefox user 13449184, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5So, the only reason I haven't given this extension a 1 star is because I actually love it! It does exactly what it says it does...but bear with me....it has a huge problem for me. It breaks the 'mute tab' function of firefox, which won't allow me to mute other tabs. Even tabs that aren't Netflix. Since I use this function very frequently, I can't recommend this add on without an update. I'll be waiting patiently, because this is a great idea. This bug just ruins it for me. Thanks for the hard work though.EDIT: Hi Nano, just wanted to give you a heads up that I just updated the addon (now version 1.0.10) to resolve your issue. I confirmed that it was indeed Firefox that was the source of the issue, but regardless I've made changes that should ensure your ability to use the "Mute Tab" function of the browser is not inhibited. Give it another shot and it should be working as desired now.
This is a very interesting issue you've found and I did just try it out and observe exactly what you reported. I opened a bug report against the code repository (https://github.com/andrewbrey/netflix-tweaked/issues/10) that you can follow along with to see when this is resolved.
Just as a bit of added information, my best guess at this point is that this is Firefox's fault and not actually the Netflix Tweaked code, but I will try to find a solution that preserves the addon behavior while not falling subject to this Firefox bug.
- by Firefox user 14159147, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5The first version I tried was slow and the Continue Watching/My List sections displayed at incorrect position. However after a quick update with the author, the extension works much faster and those two lists are on top as advertised.
Five stars for the quality and response from author.