Ok, I have enough of it (of getting this to work). It looked like the devs fixed it, but here's the issue:
Installed Nano Defender and Nano Adblocker to keep it simple. Both from AMO. Doesn't work on certain websites though. For example for imgView.net, https://imgrock.pw/ , https://imgtown.pw and so forth.
Tried the quick issue submitter, but it gave me a hard time. It said the issue is fixed. Maybe it was, but it's not anymore. So I was required to go to Github. Little bit too nerdy for me. Spent half an hour just to find a unused username to sign up.
I did try to add the issue, but I did it wrong and I can't be bothered to "study" how to report an issue. You almost need a license just to be able to report something. I'm happy with simply being an end-user.
Two stars for the effort because I don't like 1 star. But right now it hasn't been a success for me.
Edit: added a star because it looks like the devs are really trying. This is a toughie though.