Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
1. Install the addon.
2. Navigate to a webpage that has some html elements whose contents change over time. Here are some suggestions:
finance.yahoo.com works during market hours.
iheartradio.com updates the textContent of certain elements when a new song starts.
if you are collaborating on a google spreadsheet and one of your collaborators updates a cell, it updates on your screen automatically.
3. Click the myNotify widget.
4. In the panel that pops up,
Choose a name for the notification that will be sent when the textContent of your (yet to be chosen) element changes.
Choose how often you want to check for changes in the element.
5. Click okay.
6. Click the element you want to check for changes.
7. You will receive desktop notifications every time the addon detects a change in your chosen element, until you close, refresh, or navigate away from the webpage.
This should work on a wide variety of pages. If you want to monitor for changes in a webpage, this should do it for you, where ever those changes are (so long as it is a change in the textContent or value of an html element).