To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Myanmar Converter 0.4.2.1-signed.1-signed Requires Restart
Converts Myanmar webpages in ZawGyi encoding to Unicode 5.1.
မြန်မာ ဝက်ဘ်စာမျက်နှာမှာ ဇော်ဂျီးက ယူနီကုတ် ၅ ဒသမ ၁ အထိ ပြောင်းပါသည်။
About this Add-on
* A Myanmar Unicode 5.1 font to be installed such as Padauk or Myanmar3.
Why convert from ZawGyi to Unicode 5.1?
Having both ZawGyi and Unicode 5.1 fonts causes problems when the font is not explicitly defined by the web page. If the wrong font is selected, then the Myanmar text will display wrongly. Unicode 5.1 has many advantages over Zaw Gyi:
* Unicode 5.1 has only one spelling for a Myanmar word, Zaw Gyi can have multiple spellings for the same word.
* Sorting and searching are much easier with Unicode 5.1.
* Localized software will use Unicode 5.1.
* Myanmar spell checking becomes possible with Unicode 5.1.
* Mon, Karen, Shan can be displayed correctly with Unicode 5.1
The converter currently does not handle mis-spellings very well. Sometimes users of ZawGyi type the same character multiple times, which may confuse the conversion of that particular word.
This add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox because of the following: