This islamic toolbar will help parents regulate what their children and others using the computer can see and access (on a subsription basis) on the internet. It is directed towards muslims who want to remain within the confines of islam. It is not limited to islamic content or to muslims and anyone can use it. We are all aware of the massive negative images that are presented about Islam on a regular basis. Do we want our kids to see such offensive material and negative betrayal of islam? With this toolbar all sites are ranked either 'Mostly Halaal', 'Some Haraam' or 'Mostly Haraam' using the following key. . The toolbar will highlight how the current site you are visiting is ranked.*
With subscription the toolbar will automatically block access to 'Mostly Haraam' sites and optionally 'Some Haraam' sites. Just think how easy it is for your child to access pornography. They simply put in a search into google with Safe Search off and hey presto! all kinds of Pornography that you could imagine. With this toolbar, providing our robot has visited the site and you are a subscriber, access will automatically be blocked giving you some reassurance and peace of mind.
Similarly, think about the negative images and vile things that sites publish about holy figures in islam and the religion itself. If any of these sites come to our attention we will block them. So that we do not have to see the blasphemy that they promote. Again, subscription is required.
The toolbar will also give you access to the musulman search engine, which is enhanced by the Yahoo search functionality. This search identifies 'Haraam' sites before you even visit them.
Our aim is the provide a halal web surfing experience to those that choose this option. Our technology is not perfect and is constantly being upgraded and developed. By subscribing and donating we will have more funds to throw at Research and Development to further our goal of providing muslims with a 'Halaal Surfing Experience'.
Press the register button on the toolbar and use the following username and activation code if you want to activate the blocking facility. This will provide an initial free subscription:
Activation Code: Free
Last of all please make Dua.
Salaam Please note if you are non-muslim you can still use this add-on to regulate content. It gives you absolute control of what people can and cannot see
See the following as an independent article on the dangers of the internet.
Dangers Of The Internet In The Home
The purpose of this article is to make us aware of the dangers that lurk behind the use of the Internet [especially for children] in the home. As opposed to sticking our heads in the ground like ostriches, it is time we had an honest assessment of the facts and figures associated with the use of the Internet and it being a tool for Shaytan.
DANGERS OF THE INTERNET; EASY OF ACCESS TO PORNOGRAPHY
With the help of a few clicks, pornographic content spreads rampantly across the Internet, carried over an innumerable number of web sites, through explicit images in spam, and through advertisements on search engines. Various statistics show children increasingly being exposed to pornographic content. The content can involve despicable and disgusting acts, sometimes even involving children. The annual revenue of the worldwide pornographic industry is over £60 billion – that’s more than even Hollywood. According to a study by the London School of Economics, 6 out of every 10 children in the UK  were regularly being exposed to pornography – that is the majority of children.
MAJORITY OF CHILDREN
Approximately 90 percent of children aged 8 to 16 have seen pornography on the Internet. There are many ways in which children are being exposed to this evil material. Anybody with an email account would know that they are constantly bombarded by emails explicitly advertising pornography or indirectly [by showing one thing and upon clicking re-directing to an explicit site].
There are many game sites on the internet which allow harmless games to be played but advertise sexually explicit websites. According to the TopTenReviews report, at least 26 names of cartoon characters were linked to porn sites, thus exposing children to adult content on the Web.
UNCOMFORTABLE STATISTICS 
 – 89 percent of youth in chat rooms receive sexual solicitations.
 – 73 percent of those exposures happened while searching or surfing the Internet and 27 percent while opening e-mail or clicking on links in e-mails or instant messages.
 – 67 percent happened while using the Internet at home; 15 percent at school; 3 percent in libraries; and the rest at other homes, such as friends’, and elsewhere.
 – most of the images were of nudity, 32 percent showed a sexual act,
 – web searches and search engines were the most common route to exposures (47 percent).
 – in 26 percent of the surfing incidents, the children surveyed were “mousetrapped” into another dirty site while trying to get out of the one they were in.
INTERNET – TOOL OF THE SHAYTAN
The Shaytan, who is our open and clear enemy, is using the Internet to corrupt the Believers and their children’s morals, Imaan [faith] and dignity. Allah [swt] says in the Qur’an,
‘Satan threatens you with poverty and orders you to commit Fahishah’
WHAT DOES ‘FAHISHAH’ MEAN?
Linguistically ‘Fahishah’ means, ‘an excess or enormity, a thing excessively and enormously foul, evil, immoral, lewd, obscene, a sin or a crime which is excessively foul; adultery or fornication.’
One finds that the Internet is the marketplace for people indulging in ‘Fahishah’ and all the steps that lead to it – accumulating major sins in the sight of their Creator, Allah [swt]. The Shaytan has openly declared war on the children of Adam [due to his jealousy] and his primary aim is to drag as many of them as possible to the Hell-Fire with him – May Allah [swt] protect us and our children [ameen]
Repeated and long-term exposure of pornographic material is severely traumatic and damaging to children’s Imaan [faith] and leads to all sorts of psychological and behavioural problems. One must realise that you cannot delete from the memories of children what they have seen of these images or videos. These ‘evil seeds’ are planted into the hearts of the innocent resulting in producing adults who are sexually perverted, promiscuous, immoral, psychologically inept and corrupt Muslims who continue to battle with their sins.
Parents must take active responsibility to ensure that their homes are safe from the influence of Fahishah – especially from the Internet. We recommend the following:
 – Do not have access to the internet anywhere in the house except in the main living/dining room with the computer monitor facing outwards – i.e., towards the rest of the room
 – Children do not need to have email addresses or accounts on Facebook, Twitter, MSN, Yahoo etc. Supervise access to YouTube.
 – do not allow them to use chatrooms
 – Only allow access to the internet while they are being supervised [or in groups of responsible children]
 – Setup bookmarks for your children and only allow them to visit these ‘approved’ sites – do not give them the opportunity to type in the address box
 – Putting a physical block on adult sites – this can be done by adjusting the settings in your internet explorer
 – Install internet protection software for children – available free online
 – Ensure that the history of the pages visited cannot be deleted.
Please do not turn a blind eye to dangers that the Internet poses to our future – our children. Doing so would be tantamount to incompetence and irresponsibility on the part of the Parents. Is it logical that we would ever hand our children a 500 page encyclopaedia, that has 50 pages of explicit material and then expect our children never to stumble upon them? The astute parent would remove the 50 pages and then hand the book over or sit by their side and make sure nothing other than beneficial information is looked at.
We ask Allah [swt], the Lord of the Worlds, to protect us and our children from the fahishah [immorality] and fitnah [turmoil] that surrounds us and protects us all from the traps of the Shaytan [ameen]
 – BBC NEWS | UK | Magazine | Tangled web
 – Mainly taken from the key findings of U.S. Study “The Exposure of Youth to Unwanted Sexual Material on the Internet”
Source see http://www.islamic-life.com/forums/general-discussions/dangers-internet-home-2725
* it should be noted that not all sites are ranked as our robot will not have visited all sites. Further identifying blasphemous content cannot be automated and hence requires manual reviews of such sites, which are time consuming.