Instructions for people who want to use this awsome theme on version 3.6 of Firefox:
*Version 1.0 / 1.1 / 2.0 works the same way*
1) Go to view all versions on bottom of page, select the version you want to install,
2) Right click and save file to desktop
3) Download and install Winrar if you don't have it already (google it if you never heard it before),
4) Right click on the .xpi or .jar file, select properties, and click change on 'opens with' section. Browse and select winrar to open these file formats.
5) Double click on file and open it up,
You can either:
1) Double click install.rdf, find 3.6.*
1a: Change 3.0 or 3.5 to 3.6.* (so that it can be installed on 3.6 of FF.
or 2) drag install.rdf onto desktop and edit it the same way
or extract everything in the xpi/jar file onto desktop, edit file, add to archive again and change the extension to .xpi / jar
6) Start firefox and drag the file into the browser or add-ons window, install, restart and done.
Note: I downloaded and tried both the newest 2.0 version and the older 1.1 version and they work fine in FF 3.6.6. Personally I prefer the way the older version 1.1 looks, so I am currently using it right now. Below are some of my observations about the two versions:
Pros and Cons of version 2.0
+Has address bar and search bar background
+Has options menu icons
-Address bar has no theme but v1.1 does
-Tabs are too dark and a little hard to see what is opened
-no green pipe as scroll bar but v1.1 does
Pros and Cons of version 1.1
+ Brighter theme compared to 2.0
+ has green pipe scroll bar
+address bar has theme
-No options menu icons but 2.0 does
-No address bar and search bar theme but 2.0 does
-no add tab button (the + sign on the tab bar) but 2.0 does
Minor Graphical Glitch I noticed (v1.1 and FF 3.6.6)
-Tools\Clear recent history:
-the down triangle becomes a big rectangle
--no add tab button (the + sign on the tab bar) but 2.0 does
To improve the look of your firefox, you can install and configure the follow things so that you can have
1) the background image of your choice just like in my screenshot:
-Search and install browser background
-Use or find (Example: images.google.com ) an image (mario themed) of your choice in high resolution for best look
2) The color ful tabs that has a different color each time you open new tab
-search and download Colorful Tabs and enable highlight the currently selected tab in options to see the current tab in a random color. (*Note that mushroom kingdom v1.1 or 2.0 will disable colorful tab's different color on every new tab, but using this option will enable the current tab to have its own randomized color)
3) If you want to organize your status bar icons/hide/show icons download and install Organize status bar to make it look even better.
*Since I love using this theme so much and I see that there are a lot of other people who love using this theme also, I've decided to put up this review until the author releases his newer version when ready.
I uploaded 4 screenshots of my configurations for you to view: