- by oquendo123, 3 days agoRated 4 out of 5La extensión es excelente una de las mejores para esto, pero por favor ya arreglen el problema que cuando se cierra el navegador y no escondí las pestañas de un contenedor al abrir el navegador, abren como pestañas normales y no en su contenendor.. Es un incordio y dan ganas de dejar de usar esta extensión.
- by Beer Cup, 4 days agoRated 4 out of 5I use this addon to login to multiple social accounts. Very good addon.
But once enabled this addon, the desktop notification no matter from inside or outside the container would not showing the pictures through proxy. Yes, I use firefox's proxy setting and visit matrix element chat sites. (Firefox 94.0.2 x64, Windows 10 Pro, this Addon 8.0.2). Downgrade this addon to 7.4.0, no this problem.
- by Firefox user 15755045, 25 days agoRated 4 out of 5Containers are a good idea. I like the warm-fuzzy of knowing that trackers are limited by Container (right?).
I truly enjoy the color-coding.
And I like the option, accessible from within the little Containers icon* that allows me to choose to group tabs by Container. That Grouping option allows me to keep newly opened tabs together.
1) I need MORE colors. Eight is just not enough.
2)The option to alphabetize Containers by name doesn't flow through to Firefox Settings, and does not alphabetize when adding a new tab.
3) I tried to re-open a Google search tab that was not already in a Container, in a new Container named Amazon, but that operation failed. The new tab opened outside of a Container. The Google search tab opened as expected in a newly created Container named "Research".
I was a little concerned about the privacy of my data given the Containers' permission that says "Store unlimited amount of client-side data", but after reading https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1265089, that became a non-issue. Thanks!
Firefox is my go-to browser. Thanks for keeping user-privacy and convenience in mind!
- by HangmanA, 25 days agoRated 4 out of 5there is no way to change the position of the containers in the plugin. created the last are always at the bottom when selecting a tab. we must have the option to change tab position in the tabs list.
- by MiikaM, a month agoRated 4 out of 5Awesome container extension! This let's me use firefox on every computer with as many accounts as I want.
+ Can separate different accounts to work on
+ Containers are themselves easy to manage
+ Can set default sites to be opened as specific containers (etc. a work intra)
+ Has keyboard shortcuts
And Couple improvement actions I would like to see with the container extension
- Configurable keyboard shortcuts. At least for now (that I'm aware of) you can't customize the keyboard shortcuts. => When having almost 10 containers it comes a bit of a nuissance to press Ctrl+Shift+9.
- A shortcut to open the existing tab with a specific container. Now you can do this by Ctrl + . and then choosing. But it would be great if you could do this faster.
- by Froster, a month agoRated 4 out of 5The ideia is great, and having a trusted developer (Mozilla) behind is makes everything better. However, it could use some usability improvements when it comes to managing containers/websites, dealing with redirects and opening new links.
- by Firefox user 15076667, a month agoRated 4 out of 5Great add-in, should be built-in! Just one thing missing: it would be great to have a manager showing which site is assigned to which tab group, with the possibility of editing and adding new sites.
I have an issue with MS Sharepoint links opened from MS Outlook, they open in one tab group (none), are then redirected to another one ('work') for the microsoft login, and finally I end up with the landing page of sharepoint, rather than the document I wanted to open; some info seems to get lost on the way. I think the browser skims over some redirected site which is not in the right container on the way.
- by Rj137, a month agoRated 4 out of 5please please please, add separate cookies and history for each container, or the ability to disable history per container, or other better customization in the settings other than color and icon.
- by Code Medic, 2 months agoRated 4 out of 5Works (almost) like a dream! With a bit of effort, setting up rules to split which websites fall into what container, splitting work and personal life is so easy! I have tried various solutions including multi-profile in both firefox and chrome family of browsers; it is very tricky when links are opened from other apps etc.
I would have given it a five star if containers worked well with addons that require login via their sister website. An example is the The Camelizer addon that has login via https://camelcamelcamel.com/. There is no way I can make it work with my personal profile.
- by Tnarera, 3 months agoRated 4 out of 5Overall fantastic in separating cookies. One thing it needs is ability to hide the history of the containers from the main browser history. Either it should have option to keep no history just cookies for signing in etc. or show separate history for each container.
- by Firefox user 16997887, 3 months agoRated 4 out of 5I am so glad this exist. I can finally thwart cross-tracking. I'm specifically a fan of the possibility of assigning domains / sites to specific containers. And it's so easy to use.
- by Mr. S.A. Birl, 4 months agoRated 4 out of 5[2021-Aug] A great and useful extension to have, but it's missing the ability to disassociate a website from *any* (or all) containers. A website's association can be moved from container to container, but cannot be reset back to no container -- something that would be needed in the case of SSOs: to log into the same website with different accounts (under different containers).
- by Firefox user 16989056, 4 months agoRated 4 out of 5The add-on is great! I can imagine that it's a bit difficult to understand if you are not that much into computers though. The only thing that I can not find is a way to manage which tabs belong to which containers. You can assign them, but you cannot manage them.
If that "feature" is added, or some one of Mozilla can explain to me how I can manage it, I'll update this review to a 5-star.
EDIT: I've found it, but why is it so hidden?
It is hidden 6 clicks deep within the extension's toolbar button. Why not put that also in the settings of Firefox add-ons menu?