Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
- Added: Link and long word wrapping now also reflows pre tags
- Added: SeaMonkey 2.0a1 Officially Supported
- Updated: Bumped Firefox, SeaMonkey and fixed Flock supported version
- Fixed: Properly supporting Firefox 3.0 beta builds, includes fixes to Setting dialog
- Fixed: Removing tab and content event listener on unload
- Fixed: Added some Import/Export value checks and fixes
- Fixed: Undeclared variables, inconsistent event calls and other cleanup
- Added: cs-CZ, fi-FI, nl-NL, pt-PT, sk-SK & zh-TW locale translations
- Added: "blog.myspace.com" & "webmail.aol.com" have been added to the exclude list of domains (please reset preference to default for future updates)
- Updated: "mail.google.com" is now "google.com" as Google appears to handle long lines/links well on their own
- Updated: Character limit checking is now disabled by default, if you experience performance problems on older computers, re-enable this
- Updated: Bumped Netscape version support to 8.1.2, bumped SeaMonkey version support to 1.5a
- Added: hr-HR locale translations
- Fixed: Link Wrapper Settings dialog would not open unless Local Install extension was installed, typo in common code naming
184.108.40.206 Release Notes:
- Added: da-DK, es-ES, fr-FR, ja and pt-BR locales translations
- Fixed: Statusbar tooltip and right-click context menu where broken in Mozilla Suite/SeaMonkey
- Fixed: Version number for Mozilla Suite/SeaMonkey was reported incorrectly
- Fixed: Errors messages on browse window with installing on Mozilla Suite/SeaMonkey, etc
- Updated: Cleaned up some variable declarations
- Fixed: Errors messages on browse window installing on 1.0/1.5 builds of Firefox, Mozilla, etc
Here ar some features:
- Statusbar notification of: enabled, disabled, character limit reached or blacklisted sites
- Clicking statusbar icon will yield opposite of current setting, so you can effectively:
* turn wrapping off and only click it when you need it temporarily or
* leave it on and when you want to see a sight in long line mode just click it and it will display as-is temporarily or
* if enabled and you hit either the character limit or blacklist you can click it to temporarily allow link wrapping.
- Draggable statusbar icon to any position you want on the statusbar
- Option to hide statusbar icon and hide tools menu "options" menu item
- Full customization of all current hidden settings
- Full option dialog with all the bells and whistles, export, import, reset preferences
- Increased default character limit to 30k characters
Added: Now supports Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite, enjoy
Updated/Fixed: Changed how the extension listens for page and content loading, which should resolve some unconfirmed issues.
- Added: Added mail.yahoo.com and hushmail.com to the ignore list as folks had reported some issues. Please let me know if link wrapper functionality is needed back with these sites or just edit the "link_wrapper.ignoreList" preference as needed
- Added: On major updates (like this) that include fixes to tags, sites or character limits, now resetting all "link_wrapper" preferences to make sure that the current defaults are used. This will only be triggered on major upgrades and will only reset once, so you can change settings back if needed (options/settings panel planned for Link Wrapper 2.0).
- Added: The list of tags to ignore now also include: META, LINK, SELECT, OPTION, LABEL, APPLET, AREA, EMBED, FRAME, FRAMESET, HEAD, IFRAME, MAP, OBJECT, PARAM and TITLE
- Updated: Changed default character wrapping from 45 characters to 15 for smoother wrapping of long links.
- Updated: Increased character limit or size of page to 15,000 characters from 10,000, this helps with performance by not parsing pages with more than 15,000 characters, etc. "link_wrapper.charLimit" is now 15000, to disable this feature and have Link Wrapper parse all pages just set "link_wrapper.charLimitEnabled" to false
- Updated: Now supports newer Firefox 2.0 & 3.0 dev builds
- Fixed: A Firefox development change between March 8th and March 10th rendered Link Wrapper unusable with test builds, this is now fixed.
- Added two hidden preferences to have Link Wrapper bail out without parsing on pages with a lot of characters. This will dramatically increase page rendering performance for larger pages. Default character value is 10,000 with a preference to disable the feature.
- Enable page character limit to improve performance on large pages: link_wrapper.charLimitEnabled, default value is true
- If enabled use this character limit: link_wrapper.charLimit, default value is 10000