To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
More or Less Browser Window Padding 1.1.1-signed.1-signed
This extension allows users to add blank space above, and to the right of, their tab bar. It can also be used to remove the extra padding, added by Firefox, in Windowed mode.
About this Add-on
Note: In Mac OSX, there might be a little bit more padding that I could remove. I am still looking in to it.
It is included in "LighterWeight Themes for Australis", an extension which modifies the look and feel of Lightweight Themes (formerly, "Personas"), which is available at: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/lighterweight-themes-for-austr/
Add-on hidden until future notice
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to update the add-on in a while, mostly because 1.1.1 ended up being the last version that I had access to a Mac for testing. Also, Mozilla has been shifting around their login system, which associated my other email to an Addons account. If I publish an update, it will likely be attached to that account instead, although I'll leave a note here if that's the case.
Alternatively, all the source code is available on GitHub, and is licensed under MPL 2.0. Feel free to fork.
Version 1.0 released! Thanks for your patience!
Note: Version 1.0 is the first version to support Mac and Linux.
Known Bugs in 1.0:
- (All Platforms) Padding when switching between windowed and maximized "pops in" after a little less than a second.
- (OSX-only) Not sure if bug or design choice, but I cannot figure out the conditions by which Firefox determines whether the browser is "Maximized" or "Windowed" (that said, it might just be my inexperience with Macs). Probably a good idea to set both values as the same amount, especially if you use Fullscreen Mode frequently.
- Rolled in fixed from Lighterweight Themes for Australis 1.1
- Pretty much a total rewrite with better performance.
- More or Less Browser Padding 1.0:
- Rolled in fixes from Lighterweight Themes for Australis 1.0.1
- Now tested on Mac and Linux
This add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox because of the following: