- Rated 3 out of 5by Louis R. Tursi, 2 years agoI have yet to see an add-on that is as hungry for your money as this one is. You want me to pay Over $40 a year for a new tab page? That′s ⅓ the price Netflix charges you. I would just stick with “Tabliss”. It can do everything this one can and more and is completely free. Bottom line is, I find this one to be incredibly limited, and even if you do pay for other capabilities, it′s still not as customizable as it could be.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Sunny, 2 years agoPlease consider allowing us to use our own home page while simultaneously using Momentum Dashboard as "New Tab" page. We can only use Momentum Dashboard for both home and new tab, or not at all. :'( Also, new tab's search bar with Momentum have a long code of some kind. Is there a way to get it to show nothing? Otherwise 5/5.
- Rated 3 out of 5by mac, 2 years agoIts a great addon
Please fix this bug: New tab stopped setting focus to the address bar. Have to hit tab 4-5 times to get focus to address bar. Please set focus to address bad on opening new tab or provide a setting to toggle default extension behavior vs this one
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user, 2 years agoNice extension, but a few patches ago the bookmarks bar has been made all white... with white text. The links are now unreadable, which really needs to be fixed. (Or set back to its original dark theme) I've experienced this bug across multiple browser themes and multiple PCs, so I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13220401, 2 years agoI put up some links to be opened in a particular container. So if I open momentum in a default container and click a link it is reopened in a new container but the old tab remains and it's just an empty tab without anything. It's annoying manually closing such tabs. Is there any work around for this, maybe some option for momentum or firefox containers? Otherwise it's a nice plugin.
- Rated 3 out of 5by SLBRISTOL, 4 years agoThe tool itself is excellent for most all parts. They continue to improve on it by adding more connections with other apps that i use. Even upgraded to the Premium. I have one huge complaint. In fairness the complaint is to Momentum and the browsers. If i choose to have Momentum as a home page, it automatically has to be the new page as well. I don't want to wait for Momentum to load every-time i pop a new tab in an open Browser. If you try to set Firefox to allow Momentum to be the home page it is a constant fight between the two as if both are struggling to be the top. Your just pissing customers like me off to where it isn't worth the hassle to have to deal with my settings every day or two. So here i am taking the time to reconfigure the two so hopefully they'll play nice and I'm taking time to write a review. My guess is that if it doesn't hold, it could be months before i do it if at all again.Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback and support.
Admittedly, Momentum is a New Tab replacement, so the expected action is for it to load each time you open a New Tab. The load should be instantaneous, are you experiencing extended load times?
With that being said, creating a stand-alone web version of Momentum is something that our team has discussed, and is ultimately on our roadmap. In the meantime, we hope that you've been able to find a solution that works best for you. If you discovered a setup that you're happy with, or if you have any other suggestions as to how we could improve your experience, we'd love to hear from you. Feel free to reach out to us directly at email@example.com.
Thanks again for your message. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Harriet, 4 years agoThe extension is aesthetically pleasing for the most part. However, both the 'links' and 'bookmarks' options are quite ugly - it would be nice to have the 'Links' better integrated into the page (perhaps if they were larger, without the black box, and running down the screen?).
It would also be nice to have the option of both the percentage of the work day left and clock simultaneously.
As it is, I loved the idea of the extension, but in practice the lack of customisability and ugliness/inconvenience of the 'Links' integration (which is a feature I use very often in my 'new tabs' page) significantly limits its utility.Hello Harriet,
Thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback!
We're sorry to hear that you're not a fan of the Links or Bookmarks bar options. We'd be interested to learn more about what your ideal Links/Bookmarks display would look like. Feel free to drop us a line directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, we'd be happy to find out how we might be able to improve the Links/Bookmarks experience.
As for having both the work percentage and clock display at the same time, while we don't have this option available — you can quickly switch between both by double-clicking the time (or % clock).
Thanks again for getting in touch Harriet. We appreciate your feedback.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Vinícius, 4 years agoThe best features are "Pro", but they aren't good enough to make me pay for them.
Btw, only Google and Bing as search providers?!Hi Vinicius,
Thanks for your feedback.
What Momentum Plus features would you like to see included in the future?
Additionally, which other search providers would you like to see included?
Thanks again for your feedback!
- Rated 3 out of 5by email@example.com, 4 years agoUsed to work great now for some reason dosen't come up as the homepage unless I click the Momentum icon on my tool bar !We're sorry to hear that Momentum isn't appearing on your homepage.
Can you confirm whether or not disabling and then enabling Momentum on the 'about:addons' page provides a solution?
1. Type/enter 'about:addons' into your address bar.
2. Click the Disable button next to the Momentum Add-on.
3. Click the Enable button next to the Momentum Add-on.
Let me know if that provides a solution. If you need any additional assistance, please send a message the firstname.lastname@example.org so we can troubleshoot this further.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13832951, 4 years agoLove the extension, but does anyone know how to get the focus to be on the address bar when opening a new tab? I don't like having to click the address bar to begin my search.