Rated 4.9 out of 5
4.9 Stars out of 5
- by shnoulle, a month agoRated 4 out of 5Great extension, some site seems to diable loading fonts. Due to COntent Security Policy .
See twitter for example : console picture show the issue https://pic.infini.fr/Dv16jmaM/AMOQ91cs.png
- by Firefox user 13866602, 2 months agoRated 4 out of 5Excellent addon but it doesn't render Google News correctly and some website don't change font properly (such as the new BBC News layout which is being trialled on some parts of the website).
- by Douglas, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Exactly what I needed! I can't believe I didn't know about this font before. I'm fairly old and if this had been around when I was in school..... The very first time I saw this font elsewhere, I couldn't believe I could read entire words and multiple words within a sentence. I have been limited to sub vocalization all my life. My browsing speed and comprehension just went up exponentially. I would've been happy for any relief.
- by Firefox user 13770583, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5I like that I can toggle on-off.
But I'm not seeing any of the expected Dyslexia Font. Admittedly I am only using it on BBC and The Times websites, but the only effect noticed is an increase in font-size and character spacing, plus line-spacing.
You call this 'mobile' does that mean it doesn't work on windows versions of Firefox - I'm using both normal Firefox and Developer version. Both to-date.
**** Edit to respond to Developer :
Thank you - it looks like I have the correct fontface according to the app, which I assume is using https://www.dyslexiefont.com/en/typeface/ ? - I was expecting a different fontface - that of https://opendyslexic.org/
Have changed feedback rating....
Further edit : Have noticed that the use of this app removes the small picture placeholders from websites, such as baskets and chat pointers (BBC).Hi, add-on should work with both Android and Windows. Tried BBC and The Times and dyslexia font will shop up. Please check if you have any other add-on installed and try to disable them temporarily; perhaps they will override this add-on. So far nobody else have had problems (some eb pages just do not work and nothing can be done, but BBC and The Times should work) so must be compatibility issue of some kind.
- by grahamperrin, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5For Mobile Dyslexic 0.0.3: is the Firefox version requirement – 57.0 – correct?
It works with Waterfox 56.0.3 and Firefox 56.0.2; and it seems to include an enhancement request that I made for 0.0.1.
- by Firefox user 13613827, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5This font helps me read more dense pages such as articles and stories, however looking at more scattered websites such as storefronts or Facebook is pretty confusing with this font. This is why this add-on is so perfect - it allows me to effortlessly turn the font on or off. Thank you so much!
- by Firefox user 13505303, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5This is so amazing!!! On both my phone and my laptop, I can actually read online!!!! It's so amazing!! I'm dyslexic and I love reading, but it's a huge amount of effort to read any other font. This add-on is honestly a godsend.
Except that it isn't compatible with Quantum. I'm hoping to get into contact with the creator, or else figure out why it doesn't work anymore so I can fix it.
This is the best thing ever though. Like, for real. <3New version was just uploaded which now should be Firefox Quantum compatible. Please give it a go. Toggler button is missing, I will try to add one later on, meanwhile you can disable it from add-ons if necessary.
- by Firefox user 9958044, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5I appreciate this app so much. It is simple to use, easy to turn on/off (for family members who don't need it), and prevents the fatigue I usually experience with reading. I use the Open Dyslexia font on my computer for every application that uses system fonts and I was very happy to see this extension for Firefox so I could use it while browsing as well. This is the only extension available for Firefox to improve dyslexic accessibility.
Like other reviewers I lost this app with the Quantum update but have reverted to my previous Firefox version so that I can continue to use the app. I hope there is an update for use with Quantum soon.New version was just uploaded which now should be Firefox Quantum compatible. Please give it a go. Toggler button is missing, I will try to add one later on, meanwhile you can disable it from add-ons if necessary.
- by Firefox user 13480172, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Great helpful app... Lost it on Firefox update thoughNew version was just uploaded which now should be Firefox Quantum compatible. Please give it a go. Toggler button is missing, I will try to add one later on, meanwhile you can disable it from add-ons if necessary.
- by cptownsend, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Thanks so much for this add-on; as a dyslexic, it makes such a massive difference for reading.
Please, Please, Please, can you update this for use in the new Firefox Quantum? I was so sad to see it no longer working after upgrading. If I knew, I wouldn't have upgraded! :(
Thanks again for your help and hard work.
- by Firefox user 12477555, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5I read a lot on my phone and having all font automagically changed to a font that my mind can process faster helps me read such quicker. I've only used this for a short time but really like it. I'll try to update the review after a few months of use.
- by SailRacerX, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5This app is incredibly helpful. Reading with the Open Dyslexia Font is so much easier for me. It did take a little bit to get used to, but it's well worth it. The ability to switch it off when it does create layout problems (VERY rare) is awesome too. So happy I've got this add-on!