- Rated 4 out of 5by BBGraff, 8 days agoThis add-on works really well in every place that you would expect. It's a one-click use and doesn't include any unnecessary additional features. This is, in my opinion, the best add-on for dyslexic people looking for an OpenDyslexic font
The reason for my 4/5 review is because of the one issue I have found across all websites. Some icons break and displays incorrectly as boxes with codes inside of them. Although it is a minor problem, it still has an impact on how I'm able to interact with websites and read the information I'm seeking. The fix I have used is disabling the font where I need to see icons.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Lumidaub, 3 months agoI cannot believe how much I like this addon. I've been reading entire news articles in one sitting, it's amazing. The only thing that's a bit annoying is that some UI elements on Google services, like Google Calendar and Gmail, are unicode characters that aren't supported by the font (Windows 10, Firefox, all up to date). But I can definitely live with that.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Dmichelle78, a year agoI cried the first time I used it. I'm in college and my school is very proactive about helping me. My chemistry Lab instructor did some digging and suggested you. I described it to her like being in the desert thirsty at a 100 ft well filled 50 ft with water. You have no pale to get to the water. Your company walked up and handed me a pale and said drink up!!!!! Thank you!
- Rated 4 out of 5by shnoulle, 2 years agoGreat extension, some site seems to diable loading fonts. Due to COntent Security Policy .
See twitter for example : console picture show the issue https://pic.infini.fr/Dv16jmaM/AMOQ91cs.png
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13866602, 2 years agoExcellent addon but it doesn't render Google News correctly and some website don't change font properly (such as the new BBC News layout which is being trialled on some parts of the website).
- Rated 5 out of 5by Douglas, 4 years agoExactly what I needed! I can't believe I didn't know about this font before. I'm fairly old and if this had been around when I was in school..... The very first time I saw this font elsewhere, I couldn't believe I could read entire words and multiple words within a sentence. I have been limited to sub vocalization all my life. My browsing speed and comprehension just went up exponentially. I would've been happy for any relief.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13770583, 5 years agoI like that I can toggle on-off.
But I'm not seeing any of the expected Dyslexia Font. Admittedly I am only using it on BBC and The Times websites, but the only effect noticed is an increase in font-size and character spacing, plus line-spacing.
You call this 'mobile' does that mean it doesn't work on windows versions of Firefox - I'm using both normal Firefox and Developer version. Both to-date.
**** Edit to respond to Developer :
Thank you - it looks like I have the correct fontface according to the app, which I assume is using https://www.dyslexiefont.com/en/typeface/ ? - I was expecting a different fontface - that of https://opendyslexic.org/
Have changed feedback rating....
Further edit : Have noticed that the use of this app removes the small picture placeholders from websites, such as baskets and chat pointers (BBC).
Developer responseposted 5 years agoHi, add-on should work with both Android and Windows. Tried BBC and The Times and dyslexia font will shop up. Please check if you have any other add-on installed and try to disable them temporarily; perhaps they will override this add-on. So far nobody else have had problems (some eb pages just do not work and nothing can be done, but BBC and The Times should work) so must be compatibility issue of some kind.
- Rated 5 out of 5by grahamperrin, 5 years agoFor Mobile Dyslexic 0.0.3: is the Firefox version requirement – 57.0 – correct?
It works with Waterfox 56.0.3 and Firefox 56.0.2; and it seems to include an enhancement request that I made for 0.0.1.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13613827, 5 years agoThis font helps me read more dense pages such as articles and stories, however looking at more scattered websites such as storefronts or Facebook is pretty confusing with this font. This is why this add-on is so perfect - it allows me to effortlessly turn the font on or off. Thank you so much!